NRL NRL Round 1, 2024 Discussion

Broncos will win plenty of games this year but they are a long way off where they were at the end of last season. Cobbo at centre and the players they have lost has changed at least a quarter of their team. Not getting that front foot ball from their forwards either. Add Walters as coach who doesn't strike me as a particularly good one.
Yeah Walters is useless.
Only got the Broncos to a GF last year and unlucky to lose by a massive 2 points ‼

Good game from Tedesco. Sniping a lot in the middle, some tough runs. Also covering behind the line on defence within the 20. That last point is a requirement of the position. Worth pointing out though as his high profile opposite gets caught out with that.

Probably a good thing the two games were different. Otherwise the Americans would expect all of the games would be like that.

Good game from Tedesco. Sniping a lot in the middle, some tough runs. Also covering behind the line on defence within the 20. That last point is a requirement of the position. Worth pointing out though as his high profile opposite gets caught out with that.

Probably a good thing the two games were different. Otherwise the Americans would expect all of the games would be like that.
Good tactics from the Roosters too I thought. That's probably the most I've seen Walsh kicked to with challengers coming through contesting for the ball. Doesn't give him much opportunity to counter attack

Walsh is way over zealous, I put it down to stardom poured upon him early and immaturity. Maybe the occasion got the better of him playing in Vegas and trying to ham it up. Mind you both Manly & Souths did it also but it was messy.

2nd game was a good watch, hard to say how the Broncos will go this year, imo The Roosters would've beaten both Manly & Souths also and will be a problem this season.

Manly look decent, Souths…..meh.

Spencer is in the shizz with the racial accusations depending on the severity.

Good tactics from the Roosters too I thought. That's probably the most I've seen Walsh kicked to with challengers coming through contesting for the ball. Doesn't give him much opportunity to counter attack
A lot of opportunities for him to see the high ball and yell "yours". :LOL:

If you can get to him as he's catching it you can rough him up. The other part is if you can isolate him away from his wingers and present a good line you can make him work and tire him out.

The Roosters were playing nice and direct especially in the first half.

Back