NRL NRL Round 1, 2024 Discussion

Spencer Leniu is an idiot, he would know the association that monkey has these days and still decided to use it in the way he did. Plenty of other words he could have used. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get 4+ weeks like Montoya if it can be proven.
Let's please not assume he did it until it is proven. Far too much assumed guilt in the world already.

Credit to all four teams, they came to play (which you expect when 2 points are up for grabs)

But this would have been full of so many distractions etc you could excuse a team turning up underdone.

Tedesco is back! Playing injured last year, he showed if he is fit he is still the best fullback going.

Didn't see anything to suggest the Broncos will be better than last year. (That being said, they were very good last year).

Roosters looks to be major improvers, an easy bet to make the 8 I reckon.

Souths just seem to be playing league from 5 years ago, can't quite put my finger on it. They will be competitive but unlikely to be top 4.

I can see Manly as a Top 4 smokey, if of course Turbo and others can keep injury free. Luke Brooks showed in one game he can be elite in the right environment - a big year for him and I'm sure DCE is quietly pleased to have options

It's the connotations behind it, it's a different world these days.
Spot on…..it’s the context within particular melting pots & the ethnicities involved etc.

It’s the pot calling the kettle black (no pun intended at all) he definitely called Mam a monkey then gave himself away:

“When placed on report by Gee, Leniu can be heard saying to the referee: “Why would I say that?”.

Dummy.

Spot on…..it’s the context within particular melting pots & the ethnicities involved etc.

It’s the pot calling the kettle black (no pun intended at all) he definitely called Mam a monkey then gave himself away:

“When placed on report by Gee, Leniu can be heard saying to the referee: “Why would I say that?”.

Dummy.
Can be used in a gentle sort of way too, like I call my cat a cheeky monkey, or a spunky monkey. Probably not in this situation though, although seems weird to be a situation where a Pacific Island man is calling an Aboriginal man the term as it’s mostly been a derogatory term used against ones ethnicity which is associated with skin colour?

Back