• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 30/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 14/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
He’s re-signing with the broncos anyway so might get a bit quiet around here…

Is that true? Source?

IF it is true I had some concerns about signing Willison but knew I would be trampled under foot for ten thousand warriors fans if I dared uttered a peep, But under the apparent safety he can't come here any more I will say this.
Willison would have been a gamble signing.
IF we had a really good year and he was playing for us then i think he would go well.
If we had a crappy year he would become invisible and ineffective and start putting in half arsed efforts.
He's the sort of player that is effected by the form of the team, and there is a certain uncsontructive ethos in the DNA of the warriors that would bring out the worst in him.
No evidence for any of this - just from his body language and watching him. Just a hunch.
Again I am only venturing this powder keg comment now that I know he is not coming (apparently)

NZWarriors.com
Is that true? Source?

IF it is true I had some concerns about signing Willison but knew I would be trampled under foot for ten thousand warriors fans if I dared uttered a peep, But under the apparent safety he can't come here any more I will say this.
IF we had a really good year and he was playing for us then i think he would go well.
If we had a crappy year he would become invisible and ineffective and start putting in half arsed efforts.
He's the sort of player that is effected by the form of the team, and there is a certain uncsontructive ethos in the DNA of the warriors that would bring out the worst in him.
No evidence for any of this - just from his body language and watching him. Just a hunch.
Again I am only venturing this powder keg comment now that I know he is not coming (apparently)
I might've incorrectly taken your statement as saying he's a bit of a flat track bully. Apologies if that's not the case but statistically he averaged 104m pg this year. Solely in losing matches (10) it was 101.4m. Seems pretty consistent, regardless of the teams form, considering 5 of those losses were by 16+

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I'm going to side with Wrighty on this one. His potential is clear, but there were times he was an absolute slug in defence.

You'd be paying premium money for potential with downside. Weapon in attack, defence not so much.

I'm going to side with Wrighty on this one. His potential is clear, but there were times he was an absolute slug in defence.

You'd be paying premium money for potential with downside. Weapon in attack, defence not so much.
If JFH, Niukore, and Barnett are all playing in the middle in 26, how much do you invest in your front row?
Hopefully we are trying to find money to keep Sifakula and Halasima by that stage too after establishing themselves as quality first graders

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Is that true? Source?

Nothing official- just what I’ve heard sorry wrighty.
I’m glad u were able to tell us all your true feelings now though and pray for your safety when the big Willy fan club read your post :ROFLMAO:

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Is that true? Source?

Completely disagree. I think he under performed at the Broncs and got sidelined due to egos and Kevvies complete incompetence as a coach.

Do we make an offer to Trindall? Apparently testing the market Nov 1. <link>
If it doesn't work out, we at least bump the price the Sharks have to pay him.
CHT and TMM's final year of contract coincides with Trindall's (2025).
You would be mad not to. Between him and Hynes I know which one should be on the bigger money. Add in AFB and pressure must go on their cap to be able to offer Trindall a decent contract. He should be in the $800k+ range now surely?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Trindall is the real deal for the Sharks this year, Hynes lives up to his playboy useless image as the lead man (great as a million dollar 2nd fiddle)

Interesting that they worked out how to let Trindall lead and their top guy as a 6, whereas our plan failed miserably this year with SJ playing as a support half

Trindall might stay loyal to the Sharks. They stood by him with the whole coke thing & they are a club that the players seem to love playing at (Look at BHU)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back