• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
What lol surely this is parody. Watch Souths make the top 8 next year, and his record for player development is only rivalled by Bellamy imo.

He turned isaako from a reserve grader at the broncos back to an international player. Plath will play origin in the next years, denveloped under Bennett. Te whare was a groundsman who made his nrl debut & is now the qld cup final.

He’s also taken a brand new count one game from the top 8 in 2 years, losing 3 of his best players in Aitken, flegler & Gilbert. Take yeo, fisher Harris & Martin out of the panthers pack and they’re a completely different side. I think you’re underselling what Bennett has done.
Unless Bennett is coaching the Warriors next year then what’s the relevance of us signing someone that Bennett was interested in? Haven’t you just pointed out that players go better under Bennett than what they do in other systems?

NZWarriors.com
I'm not particularly supportive of the Stevenson signing...

But we really have no insights into the clubs plans of how it would be used IF we sign him.
that's the only interesting thing for me in this talk about him - when it was initially mentioned I went and looked at some of his game play, and pretty much fell on the side of 'huh? there's nothing there to assess, nothing resembling what you'd want in an NRL outside back'... however, if you were going to look at a union signing and train them into a position that we're currently short in (halfback) what could you do?... again, you wouldn't be looking at him... see frank white above about the donkey balls .... got to get them earlier than this, and have a master-plan of changing them into an effective operator in the relevant position... c.f Jahrome Hughes from mediocre fb to class half ...

here ends the lesson - class half full...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Leo himself is 27 though

I get it with Warbrick at 23/24 or Stevenson at 23/24 when Wayne was keen on him, but 27/28 year old outside backs making a code switch is not the move.

If we simply must go after a Union guy, why not someone like Fehi Fineanganofo? (I don't watch 15s or 7s, I just see he was in the Olympic team, is only 22, and got himself a couple tries last week in NPC)

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Leo himself is 27 though

I get it with Warbrick at 23/24 or Stevenson at 23/24 when Wayne was keen on him, but 27/28 year old outside backs making a code switch is not the move.

If we simply must go after a Union guy, why not someone like Fehi Fineanganofo? (I don't watch 15s or 7s, I just see he was in the Olympic team, is only 22, and got himself a couple tries last week in NPC)
Perhaps they wouldn’t want to block some highly touted young outside backs to recruit a young union player? Tyrone Thompson would be handy for the union subsidy, provided his brother is coming too. Had Laumape with his interest recently, though at 31. Also Vunivalu supposedly keen on a return to league, at 28 himself

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/oth...1&cvid=3947524973d54bf58d8d4c6cc2341a3e&ei=14 Not sure if there would be enough room in the cap, Cobbo would be a hell of a buy for the Wahs. Predicting a few Broncs to be exiting, could be worth a look.
The way he’s been playing all year seems like he’s had an eye on an exit. Staggs has said to put a decent offer to him before November as he wants to stay at broncos. Got no idea but it feels like Walsh’s offer could be what has implications at broncos?

Uhh doesnt Warbrick have a league background as well as 7s?
"He switched to rugby league briefly in 2015 in the hope of finding opportunities in the 13-aside game.

When he attended a national Māori age-group tournament swarming with talent scouts that year the only attention he attracted was from a man who told him he should try a different sport.

"There was a bloke there representing AFLNZ who said I should give it a go," Will says.

"So I spent a season playing AFL and it ended up being the first time I got to represent my county in anything, as part of the New Zealand U18s."

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Only NZ is signing a guy from rugby and immediately putting him in the starting 17, a serious conversation amongst fans.

Hit tip, RU sucks donkey balls, fuck signing caste offs who can’t make the grade, the goal is to poach kids. Not sign mediocre geriatrics for their first game.
I mean the only rugby players that should be taken for the NRL are the absolute elite! Of course I would love to see somebody like Ardie Savea have a go, but the fringe guys no way!

A little outside the box thinking and a bit high risk/high reward.

Charnz is getting on, and will be 30 at the end of next year. I'm guessing he's on about 500k or so.

We're likely losing Montoya at the end of this year, and would be on around 350k (ball park guess)

What about resigning CNK on a smaller contract (350k - Montoya's money) and then make a big play for Cobbo, offering him a cool mill to play full back. We're struggling to find better halves than what we have currently, but having a game breaking player from the back would ultimately help our game. He'd essentially get SJs money from this year, so we wouldn't have to move anyone on. Another year on for our juniors and out backline could look like this in 2026:

1. Cobbo
2. DWZ
3. Ali
4. Rocco/CNK
5. RTS
6. LM
7. TMM

I like Cobbo but I'm not a huge fan of him if in honest. I just think as a 22 year old who's already played 70 NRL games and 2 years for QLD would be a pretty decent asset and could build the club around him for the next 10 yrs

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back