• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
This forward pack will be better than round one 2024

8 JFH
9 Egan
10 Barnett
11 Niukore
12 Capewell
13 Harris

14 Walker
15 Sifakula
16 Clark
17 Lussick

That's the best Warriors bench I have ever seen in my short tenure

Back up forwards
18 Leka - will get plenty of games and might be able to replace Niukore on merit as opposed to injury.
19 Ford - I hope he also gets released
20 Ale - will be in the prime of his career
21 Bunty - safe pair of hands
22 Zyon Maiu’u
23 Laban
One worry I have is the number of 30 year old plus forwards and their longevity in the season.

That's a little concerning given the lack of size except Sifa

14 Walker
15 Sifakula
16 Clark
17 Lussick

Walker is in the conversation for best 14 in the competition despite our ladder position
Sifakula is trending to be one of the better bench props in the league next year. Better than what the Roosters can put out - would predict Sifa will be better than Leniu next year. Read that twice if necessary.
Clark is a rich man's Jazz
Lussick is required as we need two hookers. He is an NRL standard second hooker.
Leka will join the bench next year as well and other teams will be fearing our bench.

14 Walker
15 Sifakula
16 Clark
17 Lussick

Walker is in the conversation for best 14 in the competition despite our ladder position
Sifakula is trending to be one of the better bench props in the league next year. Better than what the Roosters can put out - would predict Sifa will be better than Leniu next year. Read that twice if necessary.
Clark is a rich man's Jazz
Lussick is required as we need two hookers. He is an NRL standard second hooker.
Leka will join the bench next year as well and other teams will be fearing our bench.
I just struggle to see teams fearing a bench with Lussick on it, but yes needing two hookers is a problem without a utility who can slot in.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Someone said he is cooked as a hooker. Back/hamstrings etc....can't repeatedly bend down to service the ruck anymore.
Where did you hear that Wrighty?
Watching him live at Titans certainly he s a better 13/prop than hooker
At hooker he is a little better than Jazz but not that hot
Hope Paul Roach gets a few games at hooker - he can spark attack
Egan will probably freshen up and come back revitalised after the off season

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Where did you hear that Wrighty?
Watching him live at Titans certainly he s a better 13/prop than hooker
At hooker he is a little better than Jazz but not that hot
Hope Paul Roach gets a few games at hooker - he can spark attack
Egan will probably freshen up and come back revitalised after the off season
True, liked Erin when he was playing at 7 he was ok not electric but adequate and when he played nrl at hooker I liked how he scooped from dummy half and feed the forwards but not as deceptive as Egan reminds me of Havilli (gutted when he left us).

Don’t know why they sign a 22 y/o hooker who’s never played FG and releasing Freddy who’s got a gun defense, is durable and is improving fast with his service, running and reads after we invested 2.5 years of resources into him and he’s entering his prime, especially when Roache is behind him. Unless it’s another compassionate release situation.

Makes more sense if they sign the new guy AND keep Freddy, like what if the new guy is a bust?
Who is this 22yo you speak of

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back