• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Recruitment Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2025/2026 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
C = Club option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract, T = Train & Trial contract

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 2/6
Unconfirmed Top 30 2025: 29/30
Unconfirmed Development 2025: 3/6 (Luke Hanson, per Zero Tackle)

Confirmed Top 30 2026: 13/30
Confirmed Development 2026: 1/6

2026 Gains: Nil
2026 Losses: Nil

Off Contract: Bunty Afoa, Tom Ale, Jackson Ford, Tohu Harris, Ed Kosi, Ali Leiataua, Te Maire Martin, Marcelo Montoya, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Adam Pompey, Taine Tuaupiki, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Kalani Going (D), Tanner Stowers-Smith (D), Chanel Harris-Tavita (M), Demitric Sifakula (C)

This thread is solely for Warriors recruitment and retention discussion. Any posts not related to the above will be deleted.

Repeat offenders could have their access to this page limited.

Please be mindful of what you are posting in this thread before clicking the reply button.

Last edited:
Kosi looked much better than Tu today even though he still had a couple of errors in his game. Not Sold on RTS as a winger and we need better than Kosi as back up. Montoya would have been great but if he can get a start elsewhere I wouldn’t blame him, hope Stevenson rumour has legs
How do you reckon Taine would go?

NZWarriors.com
Let’s be clear here , MM has another year to run so the club said they’d honour it ( as they have to do) but he’d be playing limited first grade. They said he’d be best to take a long term contract if he could secure it .
It also helps that he is to be a father soon and will have family support in Sydney.
They both love NZ but know the way football contracts work.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
You’d think when Cobbo went public in a podcast saying he’s a shit coach that the penny would drop. Think Reynolds was behind their success last year
Kevvie might have a little bit of short term motivation type coaching in him but other than that not much else I feel. A few were sticking up for him on here at the beginning of the season but it looks like the players have spoken and the last couple of games for them paint a fairly grim picture.

I hope they keep him on 😉

Walters would be gone well before they entertain Carrigan leaving!
Kevvie might have a little bit of short term motivation type coaching in him but other than that not much else I feel. A few were sticking up for him on here at the beginning of the season but it looks like the players have spoken and the last couple of games for them paint a fairly grim picture.

I hope they keep him on 😉
Him and his faction got rid of Benny Ikin as well.
Ikin knew his shit imo.
I think Kevies out of his depth to be honest

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Personal life​

edit
As of May 2015, Montoya is working as a teacher's aide at Casula Public School.[6] He has been an ambassador for Latin Heat Rugby League.[1][31] Has a daughter with a male named farquad and have been secretly dating this male for the last two years and adopted a daughter named Naila.

Looks like someone having a laugh on Montoya’s wikipedia page under personal life. It’s all over the tigers forum questioning his sexuality

Personal life​

edit
As of May 2015, Montoya is working as a teacher's aide at Casula Public School.[6] He has been an ambassador for Latin Heat Rugby League.[1][31] Has a daughter with a male named farquad and have been secretly dating this male for the last two years and adopted a daughter named Naila.

Looks like someone having a laugh on Montoya’s wikipedia page under personal life. It’s all over the tigers forum questioning his sexuality
That edit may have been there since that time we were trying to prove he's not homophobic

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back