28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I don’t think we’re buying anyone unless someone retires or gets homesick. They have to trust the pathways. Which position do we not have competent depth in? Pure front rower maybe but Bunty is still here and can do a job. Out and out winger as well, but you really should be able to develop one of those.

I don’t think we’re buying anyone unless someone retires or gets homesick. They have to trust the pathways. Which position do we not have competent depth in? Pure front rower maybe but Bunty is still here and can do a job. Out and out winger as well, but you really should be able to develop one of those.
After losing afb I was so worried about our prop stocks but with the signing of jfh, the performances of Barnett, niukore and ford in the middle, the return to form of jazz and Bunty, along with the development of ale and Laban and the promise of zyon and Sifakula I think we’re covered there.
It’s hard to see a real weakness in the squad now- this last month has really highlighted our depth across the field- although it would be a bonus if we could improve the top end.
There’s really nothing of interest on the market at the moment so retention and development looks like the way ford unless another elite player becomes available (homesick..).

After losing afb I was so worried about our prop stocks but with the signing of jfh, the performances of Barnett, niukore and ford in the middle, the return to form of jazz and Bunty, along with the development of ale and Laban and the promise of zyon and Sifakula I think we’re covered there.
It’s hard to see a real weakness in the squad now- this last month has really highlighted our depth across the field- although it would be a bonus if we could improve the top end.
There’s really nothing of interest on the market at the moment so retention and development looks like the way ford unless another elite player becomes available (homesick..).

Jeeze Ford going to prop would REALLY solve a few of our issues - essentially means we're not a total log jam on the edges and we strengthen a spot we weren't uber strong in.

Ford won't play that well all the time, but if he was able to hit 120m + consistently from prop, have minimal errors and penalties and keep his defence as it is, that's a huge problem that's solved moving forward

If Jazz goes, would love to see him at a Bunnies or Cowboys, a team who clearly needs some more depth and isn't an actual shit club like the Tigers. He has value to add in the NRL for sure. Unfortunately we already have Walker, who is a better version. But I would be looking to extend Walker, before letting Jazz walk.

If Jazz goes, would love to see him at a Bunnies or Cowboys, a team who clearly needs some more depth and isn't an actual shit club like the Tigers. He has value to add in the NRL for sure. Unfortunately we already have Walker, who is a better version. But I would be looking to extend Walker, before letting Jazz walk.

The only thing km worried about with Walker is that he will be 31 at the end of next year, when his current contract finishes

He's playing great at the moment, I wonder how many years more we can get out of him? Surely only one (or two at the most)

I think this is the key moving forward now. We lack that out and out attacking weapon. We're in a position now where we can keep the powder dry in case one becomes available, whilst we sit back and enjoy a team that is consistently sound in all positions.

Still this is a team that is outside the 8. Signs are good, but there is a lot of water to under the bridge this season.

Jett Cleary to be 21 before he gets a Development deal contract. Seems like quite a project player
Screenshot_20240609-175408_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Jett Cleary to be 21 before he gets a Development deal contract. Seems like quite a project player
My hot take is we let him go before he even gets to that. Huge gamble imo. You have to be a standout in SG ball to get a dev contract which he wasn't.

Luke Hanson hasn't been that impressive either tbh.

Hopefully they lock up Jack Thompson and get him on a good weight training programme.

I wasnt that impressed with Maui Winitana-Patelesio but also didn't realise how young he is, can still play SG ball next year while he's getting Jersey Flegg reps at the moment.

My hot take is we let him go before he even gets to that. Huge gamble imo. You have to be a standout in SG ball to get a dev contract which he wasn't.

Luke Hanson hasn't been that impressive either tbh.

Hopefully they lock up Jack Thompson and get him on a good weight training programme.

I wasnt that impressed with Maui Winitana-Patelesio but also didn't realise how young he is, can still play SG ball next year while he's getting Jersey Flegg reps at the moment.
Apparently Webster really rated Jett Cleary at the panthers. Lot of young halves looking sharp in their first season, will be interesting to see if they can back it up for the entire season and into next season. Looks like it’s an area that takes some time for consistency in the halves

Back