28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
We want to be a development club. If we sign a player the Tigers who are struggling do not want to keep what does that say to the players who are knocking on the door of first grade. He controls his performance and from what I can see is inconsistent in applying himself.
We have better leaders now and better talent coming through. What is the problem he is solving?
Pretty sure the players would be pretty stoked to have the current Kiwis second rower playing with them.
The problem he is solving is adding another young, fit AND experienced 2nd rower/lock.
In the past he may have wanted to ONLY play edge but I could see him replacing Tohu as the starting lock if he was here next season.

Interesting quote I saw on the eels forum on the Dylan Brown to Warriors rumour thread. Someone said Brown developed a real friendship with JFH in the last Kiwis camp. Was plain to see a friendship between JFH and CNK in the game against and after aussie. Wonder if the talk about NZ players wanting to return and turn out for the Warriors is correct?

We want to be a development club. If we sign a player the Tigers who are struggling do not want to keep what does that say to the players who are knocking on the door of first grade. He controls his performance and from what I can see is inconsistent in applying himself.
We have better leaders now and better talent coming through. What is the problem he is solving?

It's not really the way it works. He's a Kiwi international.

You think Zyon Maiu’u is packing a sad because we signed JFH?

It's not about solving problems, it's about improving. Ask yourself, are we better with Papalii or Ford at 11?

Already tried getting Brown twice, in 2019 and a couple years back

We were in all the articles in 2022, and late last year for Papali'i

Third time is a charm right??

Just keep putting together the Kiwi Avengers, why tf not

Screenshot 2024-05-23 at 8.56.27 AM.png

(Sam Jackson = SJ, Shaun Johnson = SJ... Just saying, just saying)

Interestingly a lot of mail that he may go back to the Eels now that Brad Arthur has left.
It is weird timing. This comes out the same week Arthur gets moved on. The funny thing though is I wouldn't have thought there was an issue there as he played his best football under Arthur. He signed for the Tigers reasonably early as the Eels couldn't fit him in, especially against what the Tigers were offering.

The Eels were criticised for having a recruitment committee instead of the coach and maybe a recruitment manager. I suppose that will help them negotiate while they sort out a coach. They better hope the coach likes the players they bring in.

[IMG alt="Beavers Headgear"]https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/data/avatars/m/10/10231.jpg?1187772914[/IMG]

Beavers Headgear

First Grade​

Messages8,896
Just listening to SEN out of Aussie and apparently the noise is getting louder about Dylan Brown to the Warriors

Off the Warriors LU forum. No idea if there’s any truth?
With Johnson re-signing, it would seem Dylan would take up his player option for next year and move over for the 2026 season as a free agent (if that was to happen). We will be cashed up either way with Tohu and SJ both in line to retire at the end of next season.

With Johnson re-signing, it would seem Dylan would take up his player option for next year and move over for the 2026 season as a free agent (if that was to happen). We will be cashed up either way with Tohu and SJ both in line to retire at the end of next season.
yeah i dont think you can have brown and johnson at the same time with the way the money is spread around the squad. could definately have one succeed the other. he'd be 25 at the start of the 2026 season, heaps of good years ahead.

if your brown its probably smart to see what happens with the next parra coach for one year, are they rebuilding or are they going all in before their props and gutho get too broken down.

Is Dylan Brown worth 1m a season? IMO easily not.

Nah I don't think so, but if we want him that's what we're gonna have to pay.

He strikes me as a 'cream on the top' kind of player, where if you have a good squad and have built him as part of that squad, then he goes well. When he's the focal point - like right now for the Eels - he's simply not the kind of player who is going to win you games singlehandedly.

I think similar to us having RW - you can see he's a massive talent but if the team can't unlock his potential, then it's a waste. Especially at over a mill a season.

But, if Webby feels that he can work his magic with Brown then I'm all for it.

I think one of the big issues that most teams face is when they have stars retire, their protege isn't ready to step up and there's that lull for a year or two. I would love if it for 2026 we were able to bring in Dylan Brown and Papalii for Tohu and SJ.
Money wise it's almost a straight swap so that would work out

(We also have Ford and TMM off contract end of 2025 so that will free up more spots and money for our rookies)

Pretty sure the players would be pretty stoked to have the current Kiwis second rower playing with them.
The problem he is solving is adding another young, fit AND experienced 2nd rower/lock.
In the past he may have wanted to ONLY play edge but I could see him replacing Tohu as the starting lock if he was here next season.
Doesn't matter anyways, Papalii has signed with the Panthers according to the DT.

Back