Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:

Tookey 2.0

Contributor
True but he’s also off contract, sometimes it’s timing that works against you.

Would rather just move in a different direction than have to pay freight to send Capewell back to Aus

For me, Jazz still offers something very worthwhile off the bench currently. He brings the tempo when he comes on and has great line speed - largely that's something that rookies are not going to provide.

With injuries this year we haven't been able to see Jazz and Walker come on together and bring that energy that they brought as a pair last year.

There's going to be time for these youngsters in the next few years to get a fair crack through injuries and form so I'm not too worried.

Think Jazz will be a victim of timing, or maybe get 1 more year. With all our injuries this is his chance to make his case. Real shame he hasn't been available for the previous five weeks.

It's early days but Capewell seems to be a dud signing that is really going to hurt us for a few years. Does anyone have a more optimistic view on this?

Think Jazz will be a victim of timing, or maybe get 1 more year. With all our injuries this is his chance to make his case. Real shame he hasn't been available for the previous five weeks.

It's early days but Capewell seems to be a dud signing that is really going to hurt us for a few years. Does anyone have a more optimistic view on this?
I might be one of the lone voices but I thought Capewell was looking promising in the trials and early games, then the rib injury hit, really felt like he was carrying that into games and just lost all impact. Keen to see how he go's after an extended break.

I think all players worth should be judged over a season not just after a good game.

My concern with Jazz is he’s injury prone due to playing above his weight and he looks good in a dominant team but struggles when we’re under the pump.

Love Jazz’s attitude but I would like the see him delivering for the rest of the season before resigning.

Capewah been an absolute lemon, can only hope that a few weeks off gets him back on track.

At the start of last year even though the team hadn't clicked yet, Ford and Barnett were effective players could see they would bring something - seen nothing other than kick chase from kurt.

He was an unwanted nobody who turned himself into an origin player so you would think he'd have a lot of pride to turn it around.

If he don't, ship him back to QLD Morons at seasons end, pay freight, homesick card, whatever.

Jazz is legit good, some team should sign him, now he's retired from dummy half duties and just plays bench middle, doesn't even pass for us anymore, just run hard tackle hard.

We have so few players off contract that if we want to keep jazzy someone else has to be "given permission to negotiate"

I hear you but it’s a big jump for these kids. They need hard nosed experienced guys around them with strong mentalities. That is where Jazz is one of the best. We have to be careful we don’t repeat the same mistake Bluey did, underestimate the need for hard nosed experienced players. I would be keeping Jazz. One hooker in the crusaders years ago was getting old and he refused to give his position to the younger players, he taught them everything he knew but told them they must take his position by out performing him in order to keep the standards high and the team strong. If they are growing and outperform Jazz then retire him or let him go. But until then let them lift their game until we are seeing consistently strong performances. At the moment when Jazz is in cup he is the best forward by far. I wouldn’t let him go yet.

Hammet? Flynn?

Capewell has been playing injured literally since 10 minutes into round 1 - Bit harsh to call him a dud.

If SJ was gone next year Brown would be 100% worth a crack, but by the sounds of it SJ has another 2 years possibly.

I would keep Jazz another year, and hope that Sifakula or Zyon Maiu’u can establish themselves as point of difference middle off the bench, and moving into Harris's role the year after.

Capewell has been playing injured literally since 10 minutes into round 1 - Bit harsh to call him a dud.

If SJ was gone next year Brown would be 100% worth a crack, but by the sounds of it SJ has another 2 years possibly.

I would keep Jazz another year, and hope that Sifakula or Zyon Maiu’u can establish themselves as point of difference middle off the bench, and moving into Harris's role the year after.

Ale's turning into a mini beast in his 2nd "regular" season so you'd hope Sifakula and Zyon Maiu’u would be the same after next year and ready for 2026

Man I'm am genuinely torn on keeping Jazz at the club!

I absolutely love him, but also think there needs to be some youth injected and given space to grow.

If jazz was an out and out starter it would be even more hard because what he brings in his experience, but we are talking about bench players.

Tom Ale should be that guy going forward, I just wish webby would give him more time. You add in walker who is locked in, Niukore to come back, CHT in the 14 perhaps, the growth of Laban and possibly Zyon Maiu’u, and Sufakula.

I just don't think he will be in the plans for next season. If I'm Jazz I'm heading to England and spending some good years with his kid over there.

An absolute legend! And if he stays I'd still be happy 😊

I'm just looking at parramatta Eels roster and contracts on ZT. Looking at Dylan Brown's contract it says Player options past 2025, does that mean he's still on the market next season?

If so, now that Arthur is sacked could he test himself, and can we make a play?

Screenshot 2024-05-21 at 3.33.40 PM.png

Bay39er

Contributor
I think all players worth should be judged over a season not just after a good game.

My concern with Jazz is he’s injury prone due to playing above his weight and he looks good in a dominant team but struggles when we’re under the pump.

Love Jazz’s attitude but I would like the see him delivering for the rest of the season before resigning.
Care to name those who look good when we are under the pump??

I might be one of the lone voices but I thought Capewell was looking promising in the trials and early games, then the rib injury hit, really felt like he was carrying that into games and just lost all impact. Keen to see how he go's after an extended break.
Also, though it was last season he played the full 80 in that semi-final and was a big contributor to the crushing win. It's been clear he was playing through painkillers to stay on the field since round 1.

Back