Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
You don't pay a player that much to go away because they're reaching or have any inclination to reach their 'potential athletic ceiling'.

If you want to reform a player, you don't pay big bucks to do so.
Its better to pay that out rather than wasting 2.4m of your cap over the next 3 years.

It was a bad call for Manly to give that extension in the first place.

Its better to pay that out rather than wasting 2.4m of your cap over the next 3 years.

I have absolutely NO remorse for rich entitled clubs like Manly

Just sad they didn’t offer him 10m for 10 yrs ….

Take that cash, buy yourself a nice car & house Josh, then go beast mode at your next club!

I agree. But that wasn't my point.

Him being shit canned and then paid out so heavily reflects on him as a player and how little Manly wanted that around their club.

Otherwise, he'd still be there. Right?

ANYONE INTERESTED IN VALYNCE TE WHARE

Dolphins’ fan favourite Valynce Te Whare will reportedly not be offered a new contract by the club as Kristian Woolf begins to stamp his authority on the roster.

According to News Corp, the out-of-contract cult hero dubbed ‘Val Meninga’ will be axed after an ongoing battle for fitness.

The 23-year-old Kiwi flyer enjoyed a dazzling debut with two tries against the Sharks in Magic Round last year, and the fleet-footed big man finished his maiden NRL campaign with six tries in 12 appearances.

But after the final game of the 2023 season, Te Whare revealed he weighed 123kg – and after struggling to shed excess kilos in the off-season, Wayne Bennett sent him for an individual training program with Mark ‘Chopper’ Burgess, the personal trainer who was renowned for his work with Bennett at the Broncos.

In an inspiring story, Te Whare slimmed down by almost 10 kilograms in a bid to revive his NRL career.

The rugby union convert has struggled this season however, stuck in the QLD Cup behind the likes of Dolphins centres Herbie Farnworth and Jake Averillo.

Te Whare’s weight has dipped back out to 119kg and Wayne Bennett’s successor at Redcliffe, Kristian Woolf, has reportedly told the Kiwi he will not receive a contract for next season.
I don't think so for me, we are stacked at the centre position and I think we still have some promising kids coming through. I still think more forward depth is needed.

It would depend on where RTS, Berry, and Pompey end up.

He would be depth at best, but I would rather give Taufa a crack first.

I don't think so for me, we are stacked at the centre position and I think we still have some promising kids coming through. I still think more forward depth is needed.

It would depend on where RTS, Berry, and Pompey end up.

He would be depth at best, but I would rather give Taufa a crack first.

120KG why is he not playing Prop!?? He can be the next Mark Tookey

Every raves about centre being he hardest position so Prop he will be a fish in water…

120KG why is he not playing Prop!?? He can be the next Mark Tookey

Every raves about centre being he hardest position so Prop he will be a fish in water…

1000000580.jpg

You don't pay a player that much to go away because they're reaching or have any inclination to reach their 'potential athletic ceiling'.

If you want to reform a player, you don't pay big bucks to do so.
I don’t think you understand what’s being discussed. We are talking about the height of the ceiling not whether a player can reach it.

It's a no from me to Te Whare, we could pick up a dozen NPC players with a higher ceiling and better attitude. (Please don't ask me to name any, I havnt watched any NPC for a few years).
He is a mess defensively. I wish he wasn’t but pretty much every game he played you had centres getting in his outside making breaks. Very poor lateral movement defensively and out there at centre that’s probably the worst trait one could have. Big No, if he was fit or had endurance potential a short stint forward may be an option but he definitely doesn’t look to have a big engine.

He is a mess defensively. I wish he wasn’t but pretty much every game he played you had centres getting in his outside making breaks. Very poor lateral movement defensively and out there at centre that’s probably the worst trait one could have. Big No, if he was fit or had endurance potential a short stint forward may be an option but he definitely doesn’t look to have a big engine.
He reminds me of someone like Dean Widders. He could be a weapon off the bench but as a starting player no thanks.

Yeah I saw they had like $4mil to splurge after a bunch of big names off contract. Will be really interesting to see if they can entice some of the big names

What's the deal with Angus Crichton? I was saying earlier on in the year when he was out of form we should look at him, however now he's in form again I imagine he's priced out of our bracket.
If they have 4 million to spend the rest of that squad is on massive unders or….