Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I think the skill is in 'owning the ref'. Teams like melbourne seem to do this well, come out and immediately/agressively test the ref, yes they may get pinged early but now they have set the bar and the ref is now dancing to storm interpretations. As the game continues Storm get away with .5% more than the other team which end up with ref advantage. Just a theory

Yeah mate I think this is something that Webby should be/is working on.
It seems to me that when we are tackling, we are holding on for an absolute age - at least we have the last few weeks, but you can see were holding them down whilst looking directly at the ref so that when he says stop they are able to do so.
There were many times where I closed my eyes and waited for the whistle to come, but in those early stages of the last two games we never got pinged.
The problem is, I feel that that the ref then changes his tune and then starts to blow the whistle against us in those following 20 minutes and we seem to get nailed for subjective penalties.

I'm not talking about every penalty, we often don't help ourselves by doing dumb things (Dyl Walker with his little kick), but I think that in the last 2 weeks we've had between 3-5 'marginal' penalties where the ref hasn't been calling them in the first 20. So we continue to do them and then when the Ref wants to square things up or get the other team back into the game they blow it up.

You watch this weekend, I guarantee that we'll give away at least two penalties in the 20-45 minute mark that are questionable, or that they let go in the first 20. It makes

It seems to me that when we are tackling, we are holding on for an absolute age - at least we have the last few weeks, but you can see were holding them down whilst looking directly at the ref so that when he says stop they are able to do so.
There were many times where I closed my eyes and waited for the whistle to come, but in those early stages of the last two games we never got pinged.
The problem is, I feel that that the ref then changes his tune and then starts to blow the whistle against us in those following 20 minutes and we seem to get nailed for subjective penalties.

I'm not talking about every penalty, we often don't help ourselves by doing dumb things (Dyl Walker with his little kick), but I think that in the last 2 weeks we've had between 3-5 'marginal' penalties where the ref hasn't been calling them in the first 20. So we continue to do them and then when the Ref wants to square things up or get the other team back into the game they blow it up.

You watch this weekend, I guarantee that we'll give away at least two penalties in the 20-45 minute mark that are questionable, or that they let go in the first 20. It makes
I think what you’re explaining is definitely happening but wonder if our lull in the middle part of the game is conserving energy also? We’re often starting strong and having lapses, but seems unlikely that fitness is the issue as we often finish games strong too?

Few other rumours floating around on different forums. Sounds like Jarome Hughes is definitely heading home to Queensland at the end of the year even if that rumour is being shot down. Sounds like the roosters are keen on Valentine Holmes and also Wayne Bennett apparently taking JMK with him to souths
Who is JMK

Ya I had the same close eye waiting for whistle reactions lol

I think the ref started blowing when the bench weren't as dominant and aggressive in defense

That right side has definitely missed Marata especially on defense.
If we’re gonna keep him in the middle critchon or sua would add some starch.

I hope his return delay is due to losing weight and getting back to 2nd row, it's clearly a bust he can't even get on the field without breaking a bone, he's halfway through his contract, no point wasting time on this especially we've got JFH replacing AFB next year.

We could do with a mix of injury prone Capewell and aggressive Marata sharing the no.12 position in-game or through the season, especially when Laban/Zyon Maiu’u etc have been blooded in already

I seen a comment here in Penrith Nathan said I'm not teaching him how to read a game he has to learn that himself. No wonder he moving to a club with a half may teach him.
Sounds like a load of bollocks.
Not aimed at the messenger, just saying that is a load of bullshit.

For starters, how would anyone know what two brothers say to one another in the real world on any given day. Unless Nathan has said it in a media interview it is not something shared in a social setting outside of the family home.

You would have to be some kind of prick to tell your associates or anyone in your circle that you are not going to help your own brother, yet we are supposed to believe it leaked to the sweaty grubby basement of NRL forums.

Ivan taught Nathan how to play rugby league, Nathan turned out to be a natural, but his dad taught how to read a game all the same.

Jetts old man is an NRL coach and an ex player, there is no way he is leaving for want of teaching in how to read an NRL game.

Geez fans make some shit up on slow days.

I mean consider it, your dad has been in the NRL for thirty years, and your old man has been studying coaching NRL games for seventeen years plus across several NRL clubs. Nathan couldn't teach him anything more than his old man could on how to read an NRL game.

I doubt Ivan would tolerate his older son holding out on his younger sibling and letting him fend for himself, given all Ivan and his wife invested and sacrificed for Nathan.

This is one of the worst rumors I have read. Made up by some fan that lives in Disney land.

Last edited:
IMG_8339.jpeg

😂 😂 😂