28Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
D1Ben FarrD
D2Etuane FukofukaD
D3Leka HalasimaDD
D4Patrick MoimoiD
D5Tanner Stowers-SmithD
-Jett Cleary-D
-James Fisher-Harris-
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I still think my point is valid tho - I don't think we promote juniors to a full time bench spot until they're proving that they can play better than what the current incumbent is providing.
I just don't think this is reality though (in terms of the top 30 rather than a bench spot)

Laban obviously isn't a better player than Curran right now. The club were still willing to take the opportunity to move him on to bring Laban through.

By the time you wait until the incumbent is over the hill, its already too late. You're either locked into a contract with said player or it costs to much to move him on. It sounds like from Mt Wellington's comment that he wouldn't accept a minimum one year salary to bridge the gap (and so he shouldn't)

Maybe I wasn't clear, I'm more concerned about finding the headcount space in the top 30 to promote these young forwards rather than who actually replaces Jazz on the bench next year (although i still stand by my point that anyone of Laban, Sifakula or Halasima could provide what Jazz is providing by this time next year).

Also I think your stats need a bit more context, how many of his errors come from basic ball control after contact vs how many errors from his peers are from taking higher risk plays where you would expect higher handling error count. The only player I would expect may be worse in this regard is Jackson Ford. Obviously spine players and outside backs are going to have higher average handling errors..

Last edited:
The article says he aggravated an old injury when he was out of contract with us but still training with us.
He asked to leave his contract early and we let him go. He didn't want to play for us.

IMG_2660.jpeg

So you are saying he got injured training with US without a contract 🤣 Wut? That’s even worse.

And no he was training without a registered contract with the Drags, not us. Show me the proof he was training with us AFTER we released him, lol

As a health professional the Wahs medical team was at risk of being accused of medical misadventure

The narrative was he INJURED his shoulder training UNDER CONTRACT with us, then he asked for a release, we released him (how do we release him when he was not under our contract? Cuz he was 🤷‍♂️), then Dragons trained him, noticed issues, then scanned him and realized a massive F up by not examining him first, and tore up the contract before registration, and emphasized on his incident with the Warriors.

Either he injured with us, with them, or the most likely scenario was with us, we didn’t scan him, and Dragons forgot to examine him BEFORE signing the contract

For our PR, at best us and Dragons messed up, at worst we ignored his injury, didn’t scan him, told him it was a nothing burger, ie misdiagnosis, and Drags picked it up. Unless he and agent told our team not to scan, and we said ok, which makes our doctors look bad too

$50K solved all the PR nightmare, protected the medical staff, and earns Warriors the label “good grace” in the public

If they go with your route, you’ll be happy, the Warriors media relations in Aussie will be crap for the whole year labelled as incompetent medicals who ended a promising Polynesian boy’s career, yikes

Players like Jazz and Bunty are funny ones.
I get where a lot of people are coming from the “giving the young guys opportunities” perspective.

I’m happy either way with Jazz. Hope he does what best for him. I’d only sign him on the cheap.

You’d have to assume that Bunty can’t be on much more than the minimum. If you can sign him again on the minimum (or near it) you’d be stupid not to sign him. Regardless of how promising (that’s promising, i.e not actually guaranteed to kick on) some rookie is. Plenty of “promising” players don’t.
If not, later bro.

Players like Jazz and Bunty are funny ones.
I get where a lot of people are coming from the “giving the young guys opportunities” perspective.

I’m happy either way with Jazz. Hope he does what best for him. I’d only sign him on the cheap.

You’d have to assume that Bunty can’t be on much more than the minimum. If you can sign him again on the minimum (or near it) you’d be stupid not to sign him. Regardless of how promising (that’s promising, i.e not actually guaranteed to kick on) some rookie is. Plenty of “promising” players don’t.
If not, later bro.
Think it was under the previous set up but Bunty was told he could explore his options but decided to stay for what the club offered him and they didn’t budge. I think Jazz’s situation will be much the same. I could see benefit in him starting lock with Tohu going to prop full time and Walker coming off the bench for Jazz or vice versa but they could be too similar? Think Jazz did himself a big disservice by ruling himself out as hooker depth but he has upside in his ball playing skills from lock and enough heart as a small prop

Last edited:
By the sound of what the other poster said here, the Warriors are trying to give Jazz a similar deal to Bunty or at least lower than his current wage, thus him asking for a bit more.

I don't see the issue of signing him on the cheap if kids outside the 30 can just come in and play (Roache?) and it's a proven fact that we can go through a horror run with injuries and ending up with Pompey and Lussick on the bench at the same time.

Also I think your stats need a bit more context, how many of his errors come from basic ball control after contact vs how many errors from his peers are from taking higher risk plays where you would expect higher handling error count. The only player I would expect may be worse in this regard is Jackson Ford. Obviously spine players and outside backs are going to have higher average handling errors..

Haha bro I think we can leave it there for now.

I don't think there's any point arguing with someone who says 'Jazz has the absolute worst hands, too many dropped balls', and then when it's pointed out 12 players are the same or worst then Jazz, the response is that I need more context for my stats lol.

Take your own advice bro and maybe if you gave a bit more context in the first place I wouldn't have had to respond to you with what I did.

For what it's worth, Jazz has had 5 errors in 7 games for 0.7 errors a game. All of those weren't poor handling, as I remember at least 2 times he was stripped but we didn't have a challenge left so we were screwed. Even if 4 errors were his poor handling, 4 errors in 7 games is hardly worthy of your statement of the worst hands.

So please, take your own advice and give a bit more context next time aye fella 😉🤣

Haha bro I think we can leave it there for now.

I don't think there's any point arguing with someone who says 'Jazz has the absolute worst hands, too many dropped balls', and then when it's pointed out 12 players are the same or worst then Jazz, the response is that I need more context for my stats lol.

Take your own advice bro and maybe if you gave a bit more context in the first place I wouldn't have had to respond to you with what I did.

For what it's worth, Jazz has had 5 errors in 7 games for 0.7 errors a game. All of those weren't poor handling, as I remember at least 2 times he was stripped but we didn't have a challenge left so we were screwed. Even if 4 errors were his poor handling, 4 errors in 7 games is hardly worthy of your statement of the worst hands.

So please, take your own advice and give a bit more context next time aye fella 😉🤣
Haha bro you never provide any context to the stats you throw out. For as long as I've read your stuff on your forum. It's all numbers you pull out to suit your argument.

I can recall a handful of times he's dropped the ball after contact from sloppy handling and not taking care of possession just before playing the ball. Those are the worst kind of unforced errors because there's very little pressure on him. It matters less that Shaun Johnson, RTS or DWZ are leading the handling error count because they are taking or creating high risk/lower percentage attacking opportunities majority of the time. Its the same reason the Point Guard in basketball has the most turnovers, because he's the one creating the most opportunities. I'm genuinely not sure how you're not understanding this.

But please go back the Foxlab and pull out some more numbers you would like to show me.

Think it was under the previous set up but Bunty was told he could explore his options but decided to stay for what the club offered him and they didn’t budge. I think Jazz’s situation will be much the same. I could see benefit in him starting lock with Tohu going to prop full time and Walker coming off the bench for Jazz or vice versa but they could be too similar? Think Jazz did himself a big disservice by ruling himself out as hooker depth but he has upside in his ball playing skills from lock and enough heart as a small prop
Yeah, nah

Jazz has enough trouble playing the ball correctly and not dropping it. Ball playing skill is below par - even he admits it. Can’t pass to save his life.

What I love about Jazz is his charisma. I’d follow him into battle any day. The guy does not shy away from battle or a fight

Yeah, nah

Jazz has enough trouble playing the ball correctly and not dropping it. Ball playing skill is below par - even he admits it. Can’t pass to save his life.

What I love about Jazz is his charisma. I’d follow him into battle any day. The guy does not shy away from battle or a fight
Plus when we were really playing bad he seemed the only player that gave a shit. Love how Jazz has played for us. He has always given it all when he plays. Going to be a sad day for me when he plays his final game for us.

Haha bro you never provide any context to the stats you throw out. For as long as I've read your stuff on your forum. It's all numbers you pull out to suit your argument.

I can recall a handful of times he's dropped the ball after contact from sloppy handling and not taking care of possession just before playing the ball. Those are the worst kind of unforced errors because there's very little pressure on him. It matters less that Shaun Johnson, RTS or DWZ are leading the handling error count because they are taking or creating high risk/lower percentage attacking opportunities majority of the time. Its the same reason the Point Guard in basketball has the most turnovers, because he's the one creating the most opportunities. I'm genuinely not sure how you're not understanding this.

But please go back the Foxlab and pull out some more numbers you would like to show me.

Yeah that's how I thought it would go too.

No response to the actual stats I post after youve requested them! No stats from you, just your opinion. Which is great, but if you're going to call me out about stats...maybe be able to back your argument up too?

Whats that old saying? Pot...kettle....

Anyways, you've suckered me in to respond again, so deffo something I need to work on. Along with better stats for my boy 😉

Okay back to recruitment....

How's Toby Sexton going?

Yeah, nah

Had a few shit games but probably trying too hard too. Mistakes can be lost in stats because he offers a healthy tackle efficiency and offers decent metres too. Probably one of the better small props around behind people like Reuben Cotter. Not too fazed either way but wouldn’t be angry if he was kept reasonably cheap but wouldn’t like to see him blocking anyone’s path they see as ready to make a step up either

Jazz has to earn a pay rise and the young guys have to be better than him to earn his spot..
I reject the whole framework of the dilemma - MGT is not even in our top 30 yet we played him. My understanding is that we can play who ever we like from the 💙 Mighty NSW cup team in first grade. Injuries are rife and we need as many first grade quality players as we can get rather than sending some to England. There is room on the Warriors Waka for the new guys and the old guys. The only impediment Jazz provides is that he often gets picked ahead of a youngster because he is higher on the pecking order.

I reject the whole framework of the dilemma - MGT is not even in our top 30 yet we played him. My understanding is that we can play who ever we like from the 💙 Mighty NSW cup team in first grade. Injuries are rife and we need as many first grade quality players as we can get rather than sending some to England. There is room on the Warriors Waka for the new guys and the old guys. The only impediment Jazz provides is that he often gets picked ahead of a youngster because he is higher on the pecking order.
But does his higher pay stop us upgrading juniors forcing them to look elsewhere?

Dear Mr President, I’m more concerned about Kurt Capewell……
What we can't do to Kurt is do to him what we did to Kane.
We dropped Kane early in the season and starved him for minutes so when we finally played him he felt he really needed to make a statement for his own job security so he wrote "Fold some Kents" on his wrist band probably thinking it would impress people and the rest is history how his season spiralled after that. He was a quality bench prop that got lost under Nathan Browns crap coaching.

We need to show patience and faith in Kurt so that he doesn't start to act out by doing grubber kicks himself into the end goal area to win a repeat set of six, or try ill advised off loads because he feels he needs to impress the coaching staff instead of just doing his job. He hasn't really done much either right or wrong this year other than finding himself injured. Lets see how he goes as a bench back rower and give that a fair shake. Maybe he will be instructed to empty the tank over a 25 minute burst.

What we can't do to Kurt is do to him what we did to Kane.
We dropped Kane early in the season and starved him for minutes so when we finally played him he felt he really needed to make a statement for his own job security so he wrote "Fold some Kents" on his wrist band probably thinking it would impress people and the rest is history how his season spiralled after that. He was a quality bench prop that got lost under Nathan Browns crap coaching.

We need to show patience and faith in Kurt so that he doesn't start to act out by doing grubber kicks himself into the end goal area to win a repeat set of six, or try ill advised off loads because he feels he needs to impress the coaching staff instead of just doing his job. He hasn't really done much either right or wrong this year other than finding himself injured. Lets see how he goes as a bench back rower and give that a fair shake. Maybe he will be instructed to empty the tank over a 25 minute burst.

Geezus you’re comparing Kurt to Kane Evan’s. He might be insulted with that…. Kane is a bench role player with a hot head…

Wrighty, Evan's debuted in Round 5 & then played in 10 of the next 12 games (6 starts) in the lead up to writing that on his wrist, when he was 18th man! The bloke wasn't hard done by, he was mentally unstable as shown by his 2 Sin Bins in 30 minutes!

Back