Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
While we all bide our time signing a prop, i think some consideration might be given to adding an offloading aspect to our 2nd row - without any stats to back up my thoughts - did our 2nd Row offer enough threat with the ball in motion or were they hybrid props hammering the line or being put through a gap by SJ?

Would be so interesting to know where our cap sits. With all the good forwards the broncos have something has to give there. Their offer to keep Ezra Mam after that grand final performance is $3 million over 3 years from the reported package of $5 million for the pair. It was reported that package saw Walsh earning $3 million of that and Mam around $700k, so his value has risen without Walsh’s factored.
Some sombrero salary cap they have 🤔 What's Haas, Carrigan, Riki, Reynolds, Staggs on ?

While we all bide our time signing a prop, i think some consideration might be given to adding an offloading aspect to our 2nd row - without any stats to back up my thoughts - did our 2nd Row offer enough threat with the ball in motion or were they hybrid props hammering the line or being put through a gap by SJ?
Surely they give Kalani Going a contract

Currently Tohu plays two slightly different roles. Before Walker is on he plays more like a Yeo, big bodied lock with a pass. After Walker comes on he plays more like a James Graham ball playing prop, ball playing at the line. I’m saying he should play less minutes and do more the second one.
Ok fair enough but nah still don’t like it- leave him where he is and get a real prop.

Some sombrero salary cap they have 🤔 What's Haas, Carrigan, Riki, Reynolds, Staggs on ?
Riki not a big earner but will definitely be worth an upgrade financially come November. He’s the one I keep thinking could be effective for us as upgrade in the second row at the expense of Ford or Curran. No matter which way you look at it, a starting prop seems the main area we most need recruiting though.

There's no sombrero really. Carrigan, Riki, Walsh and Mam are all on cut price deals at the moment, with Carrigan getting a pay rise next season and the others no doubt expecting one in the coming seasons.
Benefit of developing those players from within to get good premiership windows.

Would be so interesting to know where our cap sits. With all the good forwards the broncos have something has to give there. Their offer to keep Ezra Mam after that grand final performance is $3 million over 3 years from the reported package of $5 million for the pair. It was reported that package saw Walsh earning $3 million of that and Mam around $700k, so his value has risen without Walsh’s factored.
My bad they'll be right next year 9 players equates to about 5mil they rest wouldn't be on much maybe 250k contracts but the year after they'll be real close I reckon 2025, Walsh will get upgraded no doubt then Mam as well will be getting a mil a year contract, Piakura will be looking for an upgrade from the 400k he's on already, Riki will need a hefty upgrade from the 350k he's on now being and international player this season really coming of age for him, the becoming of Walters he'll want an upgrade from the 240k contract, if I'm right they'll have 5 players that would take 4.7 mil of their cap already, Walsh 1mil, Mam 1Mil, Haas 1.2mil, Staggs 700k, Carrigan 800k will see how it plays out tho

They can pay Reece less
He showed he is worth less in the GF

Riki not a big earner but will definitely be worth an upgrade financially come November. He’s the one I keep thinking could be effective for us as upgrade in the second row at the expense of Ford or Curran. No matter which way you look at it, a starting prop seems the main area we most need recruiting though.
I would get rid of Curran and Ford for Riki. Way more x factor.

Come on mate, the saltiness at Reece Walsh from Warriors fans is embarrassing now.
He is one of the best players in the competition, even with all of his current flaws.
For me next season shows the true growth of both Walsh and the Broncos

If they can reset and continue with another massive season and add into that their works ons, then I def will give more credit to Walsh

Walsh was shown up a bit in the GF and is playing in a great running attacking side, but the proof pudding is next season

Same for us

I would imagine he would be going cheaply due to his exit from the Titans, wouldn't be a bad pickup for a short term deal.
He got a taste of SJ, might want another bite at it.