Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Haha changes everything.
Just done a quick google search and maybe mr autocorrect had checked out her instagram and decided he would rather obtain....couldnt blame him.
btw they are married now and they haven't had a child but she is pregnant- think we can cross him off the list tbh...
Think Mitch Barnett left his newborn and wife to come over for preseason when he signed for us? Unlikely but not impossible, would have thought the bulldogs would lock him up. They reckon they’ve got Trey Mooney, the guy I was going on about on a couple of occasions. Perhaps King stays in Sydney? He’s got another year on his contract to impress.

of course they would have been. Hence Volkman on a 1 year deal. The difference being Flanagan learnt to shut his mouth in the media this time around. I wonder if we were also sniffing around?
Still find the Volkman one weird, Flanagan said in a statement today around it that it’s a depth signing for them so Volkman in no better position with them than us unless Hunt moves on, and 1 year when he had 2 left with us. It only makes sense if we’re opening up a spot I reckon?

Still find the Volkman one weird, Flanagan said in a statement today around it that it’s a depth signing for them so Volkman in no better position with them than us unless Hunt moves on, and 1 year when he had 2 left with us. It only makes sense if we’re opening up a spot I reckon?
Or he was behind Metcalf and CHT/TMM
Where he's only 1 injury away there.
Or Webby sat him down and said Yeah....Nah

Or he was behind Metcalf and CHT/TMM
Where he's only 1 injury away there.
Or Webby sat him down and said Yeah....Nah
Metcalf has crook hammies and TMM sounding like that broken taking longer to heal than thought by reports on here? Would have thought he’d back himself? Still reckon he looks the most likely halfback out of those mentionedand the strongest kicker, CHT has potential.

Apparently on sen in aussie it was mentioned that tigers have got more signings coming next week. Probably Olam, but it’s gone quiet on Bradman Best since they said they were going to throw big money at him. That would be a big signing for them.

1 more signing would be nice 👍🏽

There is literally no prop on the open market who comes close to what AFB offers. I think you will see us pick up a mid range prop like BHU, and keep most the cap to either get a Johnson replacement (no idea who) or have the cash ready to go if a big name forward pops up mid season (either 2024 or 2025). It's not uncommon, that's how we got AFB originally. Here's hoping a couple of our juniors break out this season, and we can look to spend the cap without over investing in a prop.

I can see BHU signing with us for next year. Always seems like he wants to come home. Just won’t be AFBs replacement.
Clip below is of BHU on Chad Townsends poddy 2 years ago, he was pretty close to coming to the warriors apparently. 32mins in they talk about it.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IyVuagJn3sU&t=2054s&pp=ygUVSGFtbGluIHVlbGUgaW50ZXJ2aWV3

There must be players interested in coming back to NZ but put off by having to play for a dud team. A couple more years like last year would do wonders for recruitment.

Last edited:
It’s gonna take a big fish to replace AFB, any idea who they might have in mind?
I don’t think they have any idea just yet. Will probably wait to see how things unfold during the year. Outside of Leota, most of the kiwi players mentioned on here won’t be breaking there contracts to come to Auckland because it isn’t home. I’m more worried about how well our juniors develop this year