Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I like the idea of Nuikore & Barnett as our props. I'd still like to have a big bastard that can come off the bench & cause a bit of havoc, Soften up opposing packs before our higher pace props return. Especially when we start getting beaten up because we're tired & fatigue sets in.
Our backrow is quite small too. Having to absorb the impact of these larger faster forward packs like the Broncos, Storm & Panthers takes it toll.
Big fast strong with great endurance. Sounds like Haas and AFB to me. Far out. Wish I had the answer

Weird the article didn't mention Sharks' stocks, maybe we're really trading with them RTS style, super secretive
Apart from Utoikamanu only second rowers too. Either Capewell not coming or Ford not staying or at least not re signed? Apart from Kikau at bulldogs, I thought Max King may have had some interest? Unless it was for an early release trade for AFB, perhaps a waste as he’s free to leave after 2024 being only contracted to then?

Apart from Utoikamanu only second rowers too. Either Capewell not coming or Ford not staying or at least not re signed? Apart from Kikau at bulldogs, I thought Max King may have had some interest? Unless it was for an early release trade for AFB, perhaps a waste as he’s free to leave after 2024 being only contracted to then?

Next those journos will start suggesting we're looking at trading for centres 🤣

Is Capewell a done deal, I have my concerns saw a recent headline saying the Broncs wanted to keep him and were prepared to give him an extended deal and that he has expressed an intention to stay, hope it is wrong.

Is Capewell a done deal, I have my concerns saw a recent headline saying the Broncs wanted to keep him and were prepared to give him an extended deal and that he has expressed an intention to stay, hope it is wrong.
No nothing has been announced in regards to him coming to the Warriors. You are correct there was an article about the Broncos wanting him to see out his contract and then likely move on for 2025 as they likely wouldn't re-sign him. Not long-term like the Warriors were offering.

We have heard the club is keen on him. They want him for 2024, his experience etc. He's come over to see the club and likely would have seen more of Auckland than he would have during an away trip during the season. But we haven't heard his thoughts on the Warriors or potentially moving his family. It would often go like that as people keep things close to their chest as they decide on their future.

For all we know both parties could have moved on or there are discussions on getting him out of his current deal.

Surely they couldn’t extend him! They have to upgrade both Walsh and Mamm - there’s an extra $1m+ they need to find in their cap somewhere

Does anyone here play NBA 2K? 😂 Thats how it feels around here right about now

Screen Shot 2023-12-05 at 4.21.44 PM.png

Attachments

• 20210923112230_1.jpeg
    20210923112230_1.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited: