General NRL 2023 Finals Week 2 - General Discussion - Storm vs Roosters

Hi all.can someone explain the kicking rule...everyone is offside in front of the kicker and it seems it doesn't matter...??
They have to stand outside 10m from the point of where the guy catches the ball .. only the kicker can put them onside.. in rugby the kicker and any player standing behind the kicker can put off side players on side

Have seen them do it a couple of sets now, the chase line start running as soon as the ball is played(in line with the ptb), ball gets passed backwards and then kicked by which time the chase line is like 20m offside?
Offside players are not allowed to be within 10 Meters of where the ball is played. What the Storm are doing is that they are too far back for an offensive kick but have there defensive line set legally by being in front but not within 10.

Was that call a mistake or is this game seriously rigged? The nrl is making me hate Harry Grant, and he's probably a perfectly nice bloke irl.

They have to stand outside 10m from the point of where the guy catches the ball .. only the kicker can put them onside.. in rugby the kicker and any player standing behind the kicker can put off side players on side
Thanks bro..but they defiantly weren't put onside by the kicker the whole team ran up infront of kicker then tackled..I've seen this many times now...I only ask cause it it seems totally illegal so I think I'm going mad..

Back