Pick Your Team Warriors v Manly - Round 6, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

1712465223415.png

That's a lot of people out. Someone else said that Jazz is hurt too.

If Jazz and Walker both are out on top of Marata and Bunty, then probably have to go with Pompey as second row bench lol, we are in crisis mode and the cup boys aren’t ready

Roger return to centre especially if Saab is not playing, don’t need ultra experience to block that guy from long range tries. I don’t like him on the wing because on our attacking plays he’s nowhere to be seen except finishing off 1 try and that’s a huge waste for the best attacker in our backline

DWZ returns or I’d play Ali or one of the Cup wingers if Kosi is out of favor.

If RTS can be thrown around as utility on his 200th then Ali just needs to cop it eh, he’s got the body, speed and talent he’ll be fine

All the injuries might work out well. It is forcing us to give Laban more time and perhaps another young forward. One of these young guys might shine, although it’s only Laban that seems in the position to take advantage of the opportunity before him. Would have like to see a bulked up Sifakula in the middle too. Ashame we are struggling at prop.

All the injuries might work out well. It is forcing us to give Laban more time and perhaps another young forward. One of these young guys might shine, although it’s only Laban that seems in the position to take advantage of the opportunity before him. Would have like to see a bulked up Sifakula in the middle too. Ashame we are struggling at prop.
Kalani Going is our next Jazz. He will in cricket parlance, "Hold up an end", if required to walk out to bat. So I would say he is in Websters cotingency planning somewhere.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw Jazz hurt his lower leg before he came off. He signalled to the bench and hobbled off.
Yep that is why Laban came straight on with thirty minutes to go, Jazz was having problems with that troublesome knee of his eh.

We will have to wait for the report, but it did not look good, forward depth is getting scary when you lose Bunty and Jazz, we are eating into our depth options already.

The good news is Capewell will be fit, but we cannot afford to lose anymore forwards.

Manly gave the Riff a hiding, dunno why people are sounding so confident.

I think we can win, I know we can, but it will be harder than Souths, not saying much I know, but this is one of the hard games of the year for us, Roosters, Manly, Storm, Penrith, Broncos.

We can beat anyone else merely by playing well. Manly you could play well and still lose.

Should be epic.

I like that our attack has started to click and pull some new moves five rounds in, last year it took a lot longer for Webster to take the breaks off and let them attack like they are this early in the season.

If we get Dallin back and Roger goes to Center, we should see something new again. Which is why we will beat Manly, the unexpected from us will be what troubles Manly.

Te Maire is key, he has come in and picked up the left side link.

If Dallin is out, Roger must play Wing again. Once Roger got warmed into the game we stopped leaking points down the touch line, then Roger used the sideline to turn their attack into Warriors ball.

People were worried about Roger coming in, but if you watch that opening spell where he would come in field, he was just trying to use the old fashioned umbrella defence and herd the Rabbits back in field, rather than wait for them to get set up for an overlap. Playing like a Fullback on the wing in other words, which is fine if CNK covers Rogers Wing.

Looks like Lodge is expected to be back this week... his first return to Mt Smart in a Manly jumper (played for Roosters at Mt Smart last year if I recall correctly). Wonder whether the crowd or the boys are going to give him a bigger "welcome"!

• Haha
Reactions: CWC
Looks like Lodge is expected to be back this week... his first return to Mt Smart in a Manly jumper (played for Roosters at Mt Smart last year if I recall correctly). Wonder whether the crowd or the boys are going to give him a bigger "welcome"!

Probably will be the weak link with first game back post ACL

The starting team should be close to best.. the question is the bench, freddy will be suspended and Bunty injured, si CHT and Ale are locked in. Laban deserves anothe shot. Who is the 4th. I would go Mai'u. I know he hasn't been going that great but laban and he will feed oiff each other and will have limittes anyone.

Surely Walker can't be far away. Have we even heard what his injury is? Can't recall hearing.

Walker, Capewell and Dallin in, Jazz, Bunty and Pompey out.

I feel this is Ales big opportunity for more minutes. Largely gets between 15-24 minutes a game usually, he averages 115m a game when he gets more than 30 minutes tho. With a few injuries he could really push to lock up that bench prop role, so I hope he's given a few more minutes to see what he can do

Surely Walker can't be far away. Have we even heard what his injury is? Can't recall hearing.

Walker, Capewell and Dallin in, Jazz, Bunty and Pompey out.

I feel this is Ales big opportunity for more minutes. Largely gets between 15-24 minutes a game usually, he averages 115m a game when he gets more than 30 minutes tho. With a few injuries he could really push to lock up that bench prop role, so I hope he's given a few more minutes to see what he can do
Walker has or had an ankle injury.

I think RTS was not as dangerous in the weekend as when he gets more ball and space at fullback but Chanze is definitely going to be our number 1 going forward. Therefore RTS is going to be our left centre or possibly our left wing. It is whether he adds more value at centre or wing and the value Pompey adds as starting centre verses Montoya on the wing. I think RTS would improve with more games on the wing however the same could be said if plays at centre as well. There is a part of me that still thinks Pompey has something to offer this team but I recognise that it would be a bit harsh leaving Montoya out of the team. I know most people would start Montoya most days of the week but the backline with Pompey starting would also be very good also.

Back