• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.
tmm.png

Player Te Maire Martin

Date of Birth
Oct 2, 1995
Birth Location
Tokoroa, New Zealand
Nationality
  1. 🇳🇿 New Zealand
Height (cm)
181 cm
Weight (kg)
87 kg
Position/s
  1. Fullback
  2. Five-Eighth
  3. Halfback
Warrior #
Warriors Debut Date
Mar 3, 2023
Warriors Debut Details
NRL 2023, Round 1, Newcastle
Warriors Years Active
  1. 2023
  2. 2024
Signed From
Brisbane Broncos
Current Club
New Zealand Warriors
Rep Honours
  1. NZ
Status
Active
Was mentioned by Adam Blair and many others that so much of the joy TMM is having on attack is how deep into the line he’s willing to go. This was hugely noticeable from SJ last year and if can translated onto both sides of the field will be dynamite

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I really hope that he has good games at 6 and that he isn't just a 7 only. Otherwise, he will get moved when Metcalf returns to form.

However, signing SJ for another year doesn't seem like such a need right now. How do we get him to improve his long kicking game? Who do hire to help him with that?

I really hope that he has good games at 6 and that he isn't just a 7 only. Otherwise, he will get moved when Metcalf returns to form.

However, signing SJ for another year doesn't seem like such a need right now. How do we get him to improve his long kicking game? Who do hire to help him with that?
Metcalf can fuck off, I don't care Metcalf is fast. He's made of glass at the moment.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
You think he is any risk of going elsewhere? Seems pretty happy and settled here currently. Of course if he stays healthy and his form is ok for the remainder of the season he may attract opposition offers.

He and Taine’s extended families are here (I had some interactions with one of them lol) and he probably wants to retire here, it’s in the team’s best interest to lock him up before other teams complicate things IMO, he’s proven he can be SJ’s successor, if SJ plays 1 more year and retires, then TMM’s extension starts in 2026 and retires after 2028, his age would be 30-32/33, prime of the modern day halfbacks, and on a yearly extension if he’s playing well

He has grounds for medical retirement as well so there is no risk on the salary cap, if anything unfortunate happens

I doubt he is blocking anyone’s pathway at 7 after SJ, Jett’s too young, Hansen apparently is a Blake Green type…Metcalf is learning 6, and CHT can grow into D Walker or if smart enough take over from TMM and be that experienced 6 or 7 in 4-5 years

And we don’t need to look elsewhere or at Toby Sexton etc 🤣

Webby's coaching has worked wonders on what was a natural ball player. Even his kicking has shot up a level or two over the past 3-4 weeks. He's a talented AF, calm, courageous, and is growing in confidence. As someone has also said, he's not scared at all to take the hit where necessary by running straight. Scary where he can get to I'd say and endorsement from Joey says a great deal. Reminds me of Jerome Hughes style of play. My take: we're fortunate to have him in our squad.

Sorry but LM is a sizeable gap behind in terms of all around skills, courage and unselfishness. He might be a touch faster off the mark, but TMM is no slouch.

TMM is a creator.
His line break and try assists are superb. He always seems to be at or even in the line and he's quite capable of squirming through himself for the 4 points.
A natural ball player imo, if he, SJ and Webby can get the 6/7 to role to compliment their skills, it will take us to another level.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
TMM is a creator.
His line break and try assists are superb. He always seems to be at or even in the line and he's quite capable of squirming through himself for the 4 points.
A natural ball player imo, if he, SJ and Webby can get the 6/7 to role to compliment their skills, it will take us to another level.
His passing is pretty sick, on the Barnett try, there's a massive hole and he's probably going to score anyway, but he runs towards the posts pulls chud in even further and no looks it onto his chest.

Strange career, he's always been partnered with a more favored half, young cleary, JT/morgan, SJ maybe it does make sense he'd flourish when left in charge

The real reason that TMM is playing so well is that our shape has changed.
All the teams had worked out out structure which worked really well last year but this year we were getting shut down with the defensive quick line speed.
Watch where TMM stands, very deep behind Egan and one dummy runner to his right and then two more dummy runners further out. Very confusing for the defence (and sometimes will draw a penalty) but working well for us and the benefit while Walker was playing at 6 really had the opposition guessing at which way the ball would go.

The real reason that TMM is playing so well is that our shape has changed.
All the teams had worked out out structure which worked really well last year but this year we were getting shut down with the defensive quick line speed.
Watch where TMM stands, very deep behind Egan and one dummy runner to his right and then two more dummy runners further out. Very confusing for the defence (and sometimes will draw a penalty) but working well for us and the benefit while Walker was playing at 6 really had the opposition guessing at which way the ball would go.

Interesting he was playing very deep with NO dummy runners before lol

He and Taine’s extended families are here (I had some interactions with one of them lol) and he probably wants to retire here, it’s in the team’s best interest to lock him up before other teams complicate things IMO, he’s proven he can be SJ’s successor, if SJ plays 1 more year and retires, then TMM’s extension starts in 2026 and retires after 2028, his age would be 30-32/33, prime of the modern day halfbacks, and on a yearly extension if he’s playing well

He has grounds for medical retirement as well so there is no risk on the salary cap, if anything unfortunate happens

I doubt he is blocking anyone’s pathway at 7 after SJ, Jett’s too young, Hansen apparently is a Blake Green type…Metcalf is learning 6, and CHT can grow into D Walker or if smart enough take over from TMM and be that experienced 6 or 7 in 4-5 years

And we don’t need to look elsewhere or at Toby Sexton etc 🤣
Why you got to bring Toby Sexton up all the time! 😎

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Holy crap I need to pack a lunch just to read that reply....lmao
Worth a read though by one of the better writers on the forum.

I read it. Lost my appetite after that or I would have taken a snack break in the middle, one of the best roastings of all time if you ask me.

He told that guy.

WARRIORS STAR RELISHING ADDED FREEDOM IN JOHNSON’S ABSENCE

The Wahs are back.

Over the past month, Andrew Webster’s men have arguably been the hottest team in the NRL, stringing together three wins on the bounce.

Those came against the Panthers, the Dolphins (who were in the top four at the time) and most recently, the Cowboys up in Townsville.

What’s been the most impressive part of those three wins though, has been the fact they’ve done it without star halfback Shaun Johnson.

The injured Johnson was the Warriors’ best player during their golden run last year.

He’s battled with injuries this season as the Warriors dropped as low as 14th on the ladder in 2024 and struggled to regain the magic which saw them become the feel-good story in 2023.

Te Maire Martin, who played 12 games at five-eighth last season including all three final games, has been tasked with wearing the No. 7 jersey in Johnson’s absence, and while his form was patchy over the first couple of months of the season, he’s really relished the new role.

He was outstanding against the Cowboys, setting up four tries.

Over the last three games, he has posted a whopping nine try assists, which leads the competition in that span.

Webster said that Martin has been clinical since deputising at halfback for Johnson.

“Yeah he was awesome. I thought Te Marie’s played a good three games now. And he’s been clinical,” Webster said.

“He’s been so important for us and has been the glue. So happy for him.”

Webster said the key has been giving Martin a bit more freedom but said his role will likely have to change when Johnson returns.

“He’s been awesome. We’ve released him and let him play a bit,” Webster said.

“Te Maire’s been the main focus there. Charnze (Nicoll-Klokstad) at five-eighth one week. Chanel’s (Harris-Tavita) come back from injury and done a great job.

“We can adapt our style from the individual and adapt our style. And when Shaun comes back we can adapt that again.”

Considering the form the Warriors are in, the fact a fully healthy Johnson is still to return should be a scary proposition for the rest of the competition.

882695_640x360_large_20240608203516.jpg

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement