General Next 5 Games…

How many of the next 5 games do we have to win to set this season alight?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 12 26.1%

Votes: 24 52.2%

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
God I hope we get a win against the bunnies, its been so long. Yeah Manly will be tough, they look scary good, not too confident for that one.

4 from next 5 and we'll be 5/3, should be comfortably in the 8.

Then it's Knights, Roosters, Panthers, Dolphins, Bye. Need to beat Newy twice and Fins to stay in the hunt I reckon. Pretty tough first half of the draw.

Last edited:
We don't want to become the sharks of 2024 who can beat up the minnows but always lose out to other premiership contenders. With all due respect to Canberra, they are a side playing above their potential at the moment who are at best a fringe 8 side like last year. Whilst there are no easy NRL games anymore, out of the next 5 games the most critical is the manly game at home. That's the game that will tell us where we are at since we should be fielding our full strength side at that point. If we can beat them at home, which I believe we can, then that is a good sign.

That's what I think too. We really should have done better than 1 from 3 to start the season as well but that is explainable as we were missing a few players.
We were essentially missing half our spine for the majority of these games yet almost (should have) came away with victories against fellow contenders sharks and melbourne. That's really a testament to our depth. Look at how other sides with understrength teams have fared so far without their stars. So I'm happy with where we are at, despite our 1/3 start. Swap our three opponents for the cows first three opponents and we would be 3/3 as well.

Last edited:
Not too concerned about Newy, St George & GC……we should (in a perfect world) beat them bar injury etc. Funnily enough I’m more concerned about Souths despite their poor form and turmoil but Manly rightfully so should be the toughest of all 5 but I think we’ll beat them. I think we can nail all 5 next games with the rest of our hot shots back on board full strength and the cobwebs will be cleared out.

If we can beat Manly, Souths, Panthers, Roosters, the rest will look pretty even with a loss here and there to so called easy beats getting us on the day.

That is my wish list, beat the top guys, and I don't care about the other games, we will take some scalps from the winnable games.

But if we beat all those big boys in a row, well, there will be no more wondering about where this team is at.

We will have our answer, Premiership there for the taking. And I want to see us avenge ourselves against the Storm.

Right now, All that matters is Sunday against Newcastle and knocking them off.

We must win every game at home to get into top 4 so this is a non negotiable.

We have our strongest team outside of CNK named. I think we have played within ourselves so far as we have been developing our combinations and problem solving what is in front of us.

Remember, we should be 2-1 as we had Melbourne until a stroke of luck with a charge down and a freak play. Every team has that happen to them and we’ve exhausted our allocation early.

Every game, we’ve left points out there as we’ve blown 2-3 tries. That will be tidied up over time. I think CNK is a bigger loss than we think as he adds so much from the back - no disrespect to Tuaupiki who has been good.

Let’s worry about putting away Newcastle this week - and ideally doing it WAY more comfortably than last week - before we turn our attention to Souths.

Remember - there will be upsets and a very even comp. With injuries, this week you could see the Roosters beat the panthers, dogs beat Souths, Canberra beat sharks (or vice versa) and tigers beat eels who are without Moses. Did we mention broncos could lose another against cows?

Super tight comp…

If we can beat Manly, Souths, Panthers, Roosters, the rest will look pretty even with a loss here and there to so called easy beats getting us on the day.

That is my wish list, beat the top guys, and I don't care about the other games, we will take some scalps from the winnable games.

But if we beat all those big boys in a row, well, there will be no more wondering about where this team is at.

We will have our answer, Premiership there for the taking. And I want to see us avenge ourselves against the Storm.
I think top four is not as easy this year. Panthers, Broncos and Storm should carry over their form while the Roosters and Manly have made a much better start than last year.
Then, we would be looking at no better than 6th. That would be my pessimistic viewpoint but a positive factor would be that, of those five front runners, we meet three of them only once.

I think top four is not as easy this year. Panthers, Broncos and Storm should carry over their form while the Roosters and Manly have made a much better start than last year.
Then, we would be looking at no better than 6th. That would be my pessimistic viewpoint but a positive factor would be that, of those five front runners, we meet three of them only once.

Deffo much tougher comp this season, given the way only the Easy run Cowboys are undefeated.

This maybe the year that a team outside the four finally wins the GF, given how strong the top six are likely to be.