Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the old 10 day cool-off period still applies after signing for a new club, or was that replaced by the new 10 day current club rule. Because that would be 20 days of no news.

Does anyone know if the old 10 day cool-off period still applies after signing for a new club, or was that replaced by the new 10 day current club rule. Because that would be 20 days of no news.

It's just 10 days, but it means nothing.

Nov 1 has always been a media beat up date to sell click bait headlines.

Most deals aren't done until the new year and during the season.

Barnett was my first thought. No reason why, just a feeling. Some IG posts defo seems like he’s homesick. Hope not though, the positions we have least depth in!!!

Losing these two and Curran in a 12-month span would hurt bad, absolute dawgs

Screen Shot 2023-11-07 at 10.24.41 AM.png

Metcalf meh, plenty of cover for him.

b..but.. Metcalf go zoom? 🥺

Speculation is a shot in the dark, without facts, basically just an opinion as far as who is jumping ship.

Unless there are a great changes to individual circumstances why would players need to break their contracts. To be able to earn more money elsewhere isn’t acceptable. This is part of the salary cap and being a development club bonus.

We now have a winning culture that makes us more attractive. In Cappy and Webby I trust.

Apologies if this may have already been posted, but it certainly gives some direction and is quite clear as to what we all as fans think should be happening.

I think we go all out and build attractive propositions to bring home the amazing pool of Kiwis players back home and help build the Warriors club as a force!

It is interesting because there was mixed feelings in previous years regarding the difference between Kiwi based and Aussie-based players. Tables have certainly turned. No doubt that the skill has been extracted from being based in Australia, but maybe this is the way to work it. Those who we miss out on can apply their trade in Australian systems and then be brought back to a successful NZ club.

Last edited:
On a warriors Facebook group someone said it was Barnett and Metcalf wanting releases. Does any one on here know anything more?
Metcalf is hamstring prone. Barnett is neck injury history. I think they are fine here. But living in a new country is something that heaps of non Australian or NZ born players do when playing in Australian teams and the Warriors. I thought on the income they receive they could realistically hop flights or stay a bit longer etc during down time

Back