Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All the crying by both parties about The Press debate is pathetic and below a school yard argument.

National say they wanted to have the debate go ahead with Nicola Willis going up against Kelvin Davis.

Labour are saying the want the debate to be rescheduled for when Hipkins is well.

Really need the Kindergarten teacher to come over and separate the toddlers and mediate for them.
Nicola Wilis could roast Hipkins and David blindfolded

NZME (ie ZB) got nearly $7m from the public interest journalism fund - More than any other organisation...

Can you STFU forever about there being some sort of "corruption of democracy" or "government conspiracy"
It's loopy and makes me think you know absolutely nothing about journalism or the media.
🤣 you keep bringing it up:
Wait... so theres not a left wing media conspiracy?
I just responded to your question and then you tell me to STFU… 🤪.

Imagine the uproar there would be if National changed its constitution to allow the Business Round Table or the Federated Farmer Farmers to help elect their next Leader.
Federated Farmers used to help elect the leader, and the cabinet.
The Business Roundtable no longer exists (under that name ;) )
It is now called the NZ Initiative, whatever the fark that means:rolleyes:...and probably still runs the show, including that farked up response to Covid.

She wasn't impressive at all on Q&A with GR.

Heyzeuss, what a trainwreck :eek: .
Jack Tame has been having a field day with these wankers!!!
To be fair. my guess is she drew the short straw on that.
Those independent economists had already shown the figures to be total bullshit, she was on a suicide mission.
What she did took immense courage, or madness, take one's pick!!
I have seen her interviewed in depth by Bernard Hickey, who is not pro National, and is good with figures, and she fared quite well.
She has half a brain.

Just went down to vote with the family.

Got to thinking, when you look at all the hard work that goes into running those booths, especially the counting on election day, a big thank you has to go to the Poll Workers, who do get paid but not much.

Then you get some fat smelly deranged twat in Merka claiming the election was rigged...and people believe him. :rolleyes:

NZME (ie ZB) got nearly $7m from the public interest journalism fund - More than any other organisation...

Can you STFU forever about there being some sort of "corruption of democracy" or "government conspiracy"
It's loopy and makes me think you know absolutely nothing about journalism or the media.
What's interesting is where the money was spent for the top ten recipients.

It looks as if most of the NZME money on Maori and Pasifika Cadet journalists, setting up remote court recordings, reporting Maori issues, supporting provincial reporting and newspapers, a weekend bilingual addition of the Rotorua newspaper. I can't find anything about their main presenters. Received $6,880,099.25.

RNZ look like their money has been used on cultural and provincial reporting and programing... not for their main programs. Received $5,800,207.00.

Stuff Media is also cultural and provincial reporting and programing. Received $4,806,528.00.

Sunpix received money to produce Tagata Pasifika. Received $4,251,360.

While TVNZ received money for Maori focused programs, it also received government money for Q&A with Jack Tame (cue Winnie's conspiracies about Jack working for his "political masters"). Received $3,187,649.00.

Discovery NZ received money for Pasifika journalism and a cultural partnership navigator. It also received money for the Newshub Nation, 2022-2023 - current affairs programme. Received $2,356,696.00.

Newsroom received money for investigative news videos, podcasts, Te Rito graduates, a climate change series and part-time reporters. Received $2,189,301.00.

Great Southern Television received money to produce The Hui and for a series of six cultural programs and for training four cadet journalists. Received $1,834,367.65.

For producing mostly cultural programmes, The Spinoff (received $1,782,353.00) and UMA Broadcasting (received $1,664,000.00).

Federated Farmers used to help elect the leader, and the cabinet.
The Business Roundtable no longer exists (under that name ;) )
It is now called the NZ Initiative, whatever the fark that means:rolleyes:...and probably still runs the show, including that farked up response to Covid.
I'm old mate, I still think at times that you buy milk by the pint ;)

I'm old mate, I still think at times that you buy milk by the pint ;)
When I was growing up in Tokoroa Mike we had to take the Billy out to the milk ute which was a Morris Oxford with churns on the back. Was always a coin flip between me and my sisters when raining as to who had to run out with the pennies for a couple of pints

When I was growing up in Tokoroa Mike we had to take the Billy out to the milk ute which was a Morris Oxford with churns on the back. Was always a coin flip between me and my sisters when raining as to who had to run out with the pennies for a couple of pints
I'll bet you had a doubled headed penny.
😉 😜

006D6C17-F921-4294-A055-B964F1FEF43F.jpeg

Back