• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F---

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if already posted or its in the wrong place.
Lussick looking at 6-8 weeks.
Absolute bs imo, and still pissed about the other player not getting charged at all last year when tmm broke his leg.

Hmm I'm torn on this one. I wanted to wait and see another angle before commenting on it, but that one from directly behind Illias shows that Lussick doesn't do anything late or high, however gets himself in to the wrong place at the wrong time, where Ilias's leg hits in to Lussick's leg I think, which is what causes the break.

I said it a few weeks ago around the 'duty of care' stuff we've been hearing from the NRL. That one week we had several incidents (where Walsh got his face smashed), that were super inconsistent - someone was penalised, another not penalised, and then another one I think was penalised and had a week or 2 on the sidelines.

For me, I feel Freddy got it wrong. There has to be a duty of care for the guy attacking a kickers legs, and while there was no malice or intent, he broke the dudes leg and that could have been prevented with better care. But, its a slippery slope because do we then start penalizing every single attempted charge down?

I think he'll get the book thrown at him and made an example. He's a Warrior, and playing in a lower grade. Full 8 weeks im guessing, but I hope they don't. I think 3 or 4 would be reasonable n

Over the years we have had analysts pick the Warriors for a premiership. Either in the pre-season picks or due to a few people we have recruited.

We probably have brought into it a bit some years like when we had a the superstar spine when Foran arrived.

After how Slater justified his selections last year it showed he does think a lot about the game. So there is likely reasoning behind his thoughts compared to others.

There is still a long way to go though. We need to get through the minor premiership rounds pretty unscathed injury wise and in a strong position within the 8. That still takes some luck as well.

Hmm I'm torn on this one. I wanted to wait and see another angle before commenting on it, but that one from directly behind Illias shows that Lussick doesn't do anything late or high, however gets himself in to the wrong place at the wrong time, where Ilias's leg hits in to Lussick's leg I think, which is what causes the break.

I said it a few weeks ago around the 'duty of care' stuff we've been hearing from the NRL. That one week we had several incidents (where Walsh got his face smashed), that were super inconsistent - someone was penalised, another not penalised, and then another one I think was penalised and had a week or 2 on the sidelines.

For me, I feel Freddy got it wrong. There has to be a duty of care for the guy attacking a kickers legs, and while there was no malice or intent, he broke the dudes leg and that could have been prevented with better care. But, its a slippery slope because do we then start penalizing every single attempted charge down?

I think he'll get the book thrown at him and made an example. He's a Warrior, and playing in a lower grade. Full 8 weeks im guessing, but I hope they don't. I think 3 or 4 would be reasonable n
If they come into contact of that nature with the kicker after he's kicked the ball then probably yes.

And before the outraged masses start moaning "hows he supposed to stop himself" you do realize it is possible to charge down the ball without coming into contact with the player?......it happens just about every other week

Darcy's (who once again i re-iterate intentions were good) timing was out.....it was late......how do we know this?.......cause if it wasnt he would've charged down the ball.....the ball has been kicked (no matter how much a split second or milli second there was in it) then his body comes in contact with the leg ergo its late (u could say its the leg coming into contact with the body but at the end of the day its on the player applying the kick pressure.

Gonna be some pissed off people around here once the sentence comes out cause i get the feeling its going to be a lengthier break than most have speculated on here, and i feel for Lussick, cause applying pressure and doing all those 1 percenter type things are what i want from my players.......however in any action if u dont leave yourself room for a bail out you open yourself up to these unfortunate accidents.

For all those that will no doubt be crying foul, as with any of these situations my view is always.....imagine if this was the other way round,,,,,,if it was Latrell (or any other opposition player for that matter) in the exact same postion as Lussick with the exact same action and it was SJ they took out after the kick, left with not only a shattered leg but our whole season's hopes shattered......

What would your position be then? Should be the same.....Latrell was totally just applying pressure...just unfortunate...nothing to see here no punishment warranted?
I know some here (like yourself) would be genuine in your response if this was the case, but given the over reaction we see regulary when even one penalty gets blown agaiinst us i doubt that from the majority.

Everyone getting carried away, we were pretty good but souths were mud. It's exciting but it isn't premiership winning football (yet).

Yeah I hear you. I feel like we've had one of the harder draws up until this point and have done pretty well, and while we're not at the top of the table I think people are starting to sit up and take notice of how were playing.

It's obvious that we have great systems in place currently, and that two key things to win a premiership - depth and defence - are absolutely humming at this point.
You certainly can't win a premiership in the first 6 rounds of a competition but I think everyone can now see what we can do, and unless something drastic happens you can see were going to be there at the pointy end of the season

Said a similar thing in the dally m thread. Doesn't even have to be every player. Just rate the top 3 players from each team out of 10.
It doesn't matter if no matter the system the result is still rigged. Top three players from our last game in a rigged system would have been Egan (3pts) Tohu (2pts) Ponga (50pts) SJ (suspended for 3 weeks for head butting Latrells elbow.)

Last edited:
Everyone getting carried away, we were pretty good but souths were mud. It's exciting but it isn't premiership winning football (yet).
That's right just celebrating a deserved and positive win. It indicates though that we are tracking well as in improving from 2 losses then two wins by modest margins to a pile on some points victory. It's a nice direction to be trending and so far without a lot of off field misbehaving from players.

It's an accident and he didn't really do anything wrong, Ilyas is as much to blame as lussick. But I get they need to make an example.of it especially after the media furore. So expect a 6 week ban so the judiciary can trot out the ol duty of care line and look like they are doing their jobs then watch it happen again this year without a broken leg and everyone will look the other way.

What would your position be then? Should be the same.....Latrell was totally just applying pressure...just unfortunate...nothing to see here no punishment warranted?
I know some here (like yourself) would be genuine in your response if this was the case, but given the over reaction we see regulary when even one penalty gets blown agaiinst us i doubt that from the majority.

Yeah mate couldn't agree more. However you look at it, Lussick got it wrong, resulting in a broken leg for the kicker.

The thing that I hate is the Warriors seem to get over penalised or things let go (Latrell's elbow and dumping Tohu on his head, TMM hip drop all come to mind) yet were likely going to get made an example of and Lussick will miss a shit load of time moving forward.

I know that has nothing to do with this specific incident. But man it's going to be shitty when the decision is that 'the player has a duty of care', yet based on that the Warriors should have 10+ players who should have been sin binned in the last year against us for a similar 'duty of care' scenarios

Yeah mate couldn't agree more. However you look at it, Lussick got it wrong, resulting in a broken leg for the kicker.

The thing that I hate is the Warriors seem to get over penalised or things let go (Latrell's elbow and dumping Tohu on his head, TMM hip drop all come to mind) yet were likely going to get made an example of and Lussick will miss a shit load of time moving forward.

I know that has nothing to do with this specific incident. But man it's going to be shitty when the decision is that 'the player has a duty of care', yet based on that the Warriors should have 10+ players who should have been sin binned in the last year against us for a similar 'duty of care' scenarios
And thats where the NRL dig a hole for themselves - consistency.....or lack of it.

Taking nothing away from that well executed ruck trick shot, but a team with good ruck and marker defence should shut that down.......u can damn well bet Manly will be going over that move with a fine tooth comb making sure their D around the marker is tight......but if Webby's the kind of coach i think he is thats where u have a variation of the move up your sleeve...an add on...."you've seen my Kung Fu now try my Kung Pow"!!!

Lol i dunno man and being a Warriors site id guess im in the minority but the "ilias is to blame" narrative is one of the more maga batshit crazy things i've seen on here.

I even read in another thread "it was his fault cause he wasnt standing deep enough".....it doesent matter how flat you stand, u could stand in line with the ruck if u wanted to (it'd be pretty dumb tho cause your going to get swamped before u could even think about dropping the ball onto your foot) but your entitled to kick a ball, without being hit after u kick it.

Its the same as when u pass it, particulary when your blindsided and cant brace for a hit.....your entitled to pass the ball without wearing one after its gone.....and in a kicking motion where limbs can be in vunerable positions......thats exactly what the rule was bought into prevent.

We might not have even got a penalty.
I would be disappointed to see that happen to our best player.
Let's see what Lussick gets. I bet it will be way more than Mitchell who even managed to escape the lifting charge.
It's quite ridiculous to say we won't of got a penalty. And I love a good the NRL is against us conspiracy.

The rules are pretty clear & on the NRL website.

Late contact with kickers​

It will be conduct in breach of the rules where, in the course of a charge-down (or an attempted) of a kick in the course of play or placing pressure in the kicker, the defending player makes dangerous contact with the kicking player. The special duty which is imposed on players to avoid dangerous contact to an opposing player is particularly important where a kicking player is in a position of physical vulnerability. Such vulnerability will arise where, at the time of the contact the kicking player is in the act of kicking the ball and has either one or both feet off the ground or where he is otherwise off balance.

What are the key indicators of this charge?

One possible indicator of an offence of dangerous contact arising from contact with a kicker is where the contact is impermissibly late, and/or not directed at the football, or in other words, where it is clear that the charging player was never likely actually to stop the ball being kicked away and just aimed to make contact with the kicker whilst he was off balance or was otherwise vulnerable.

In this context, the contact will be deemed to be impermissibly late, and therefore dangerous, where the charging player makes contact when the kicker is not in possession of the ball, that is, after the ball has left the kicking player’s foot.

Other possible indicators of such an offence are where in attempting to charge down a kick, the charging player throws himself in front of the kicker, or at the kicker’s leg.

It's quite ridiculous to say we won't of got a penalty. And I love a good the NRL is against us conspiracy.

The rules are pretty clear & on the NRL website.

Late contact with kickers​

It will be conduct in breach of the rules where, in the course of a charge-down (or an attempted) of a kick in the course of play or placing pressure in the kicker, the defending player makes dangerous contact with the kicking player. The special duty which is imposed on players to avoid dangerous contact to an opposing player is particularly important where a kicking player is in a position of physical vulnerability. Such vulnerability will arise where, at the time of the contact the kicking player is in the act of kicking the ball and has either one or both feet off the ground or where he is otherwise off balance.

What are the key indicators of this charge?

One possible indicator of an offence of dangerous contact arising from contact with a kicker is where the contact is impermissibly late, and/or not directed at the football, or in other words, where it is clear that the charging player was never likely actually to stop the ball being kicked away and just aimed to make contact with the kicker whilst he was off balance or was otherwise vulnerable.

In this context, the contact will be deemed to be impermissibly late, and therefore dangerous, where the charging player makes contact when the kicker is not in possession of the ball, that is, after the ball has left the kicking player’s foot.

Other possible indicators of such an offence are where in attempting to charge down a kick, the charging player throws himself in front of the kicker, or at the kicker’s leg.
I understand you are right interpreting the rules.
In Lussicks favour. Not late other than perhaps slow motion. Not intentional in my view. Lussick is not airborne.
I suspect Lussick will get a heavy suspension based largely on the resulting injury and that he is a Warrior.
Potentially a lengthy suspension has a big impact on us if Egan gets injured or even suspended. For that reason alone we should defend his case.

We did suffocate Souths on the weekend.

They did have a lot of decent ball in our 20. Got some repeat sets so they could build pressure.

I could skite that our defence was too good. But to be honest they didn't really throw much at us which for all of the talk about them not caring about defence as their attack is so good is a bit of a problem.

Over the years we have had analysts pick the Warriors for a premiership. Either in the pre-season picks or due to a few people we have recruited.

We probably have brought into it a bit some years like when we had a the superstar spine when Foran arrived.

After how Slater justified his selections last year it showed he does think a lot about the game. So there is likely reasoning behind his thoughts compared to others.

There is still a long way to go though. We need to get through the minor premiership rounds pretty unscathed injury wise and in a strong position within the 8. That still takes some luck as well.

I remember when Luke, Foran, SJ combined to score a long range try I told my wife giggling "We have so many superstars" and it went downhill since. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back