• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL Referees

Noitall

I couldn't agree with you more

Also throw in the fact that after the held call it was ok for the doggies to drive our ball carrier back 15 or so metres on numerous occasions but not ok for us to gang drive a doggie over the sideline
We drove them back a number of times as well after the held call. the problem was that one of ours continued on and over the sideline. I guess the ref should have called held and bought them all back to the mark rather than accepting the additional pushing for all of them.

NZWarriors.com
Noitall

Also throw in the fact that after the held call it was ok for the doggies to drive our ball carrier back 15 or so metres on numerous occasions but not ok for us to gang drive a doggie over the sideline
That was so frustrating to watch, I couldn’t believe they continually got away with driving them back after the held call. Especially since as you said we were pinged for driving them into touch. You often see players penalised when sending a player into touch after the held call but their tactic was very deliberate, Dylan Walker was ropable. Can’t see why when a player plays the ball off the mark and the ref calls them back to play the ball, why the player tackled can’t be promoted to where the held was called? Everything just felt like salt into the wound after the no sin bin call

Not sure if this has already been posted in another thread but Andrew Webster has waited until the end of the season to make some comments about what's been happening and he's 100% right. The stakes are lower when trying to get the call right when the Warriors are the recipients.

Not sure if this has already been posted in another thread but Andrew Webster has waited until the end of the season to make some comments about what's been happening and he's 100% right. The stakes are lower when trying to get the call right when the Warriors are the recipients.

But what’s the answer? We continually complain and they say “oh sorry”. Given it’s all based on judgement how do you improve judgement????? The only answer I can think of is using AI in some form 🤔 🫤

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Noitall

I think that pissed everyone off as it was obviously a momentum tackle.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Question - does Barnett get hit high later in the game if the player was sent off after the RTS shot?

The standard was set around player safety?
Yeah that was exactly Webster’s reasoning, if there’s not the same punishment dished out consistently, where’s the deterrent? Had Chrichton received the correct punishment, the other player that hit Barnett high may have been deterred and gone a bit lower? We’ll never know. Was just a piss poor refereeing and bunker display overall

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back