NRL NRL Draw 2024

Billy called it.
Is it likely that the 'magic round' this year will be an away game for us, given it was a 'home' game last season? The season ticket indicates 10 games at Mt Smart in '24, in contrast to 9 last year. With Chch getting one, do you reckon there's likely to be one to Hamilton or Wgtn (I suspect not Napier any more...), with the other ten in Penrose?
Of course, I could just wait till Monday, but then wtf would speculative forums be for?

Billy called it.
Is it likely that the 'magic round' this year will be an away game for us, given it was a 'home' game last season? The season ticket indicates 10 games at Mt Smart in '24, in contrast to 9 last year. With Chch getting one, do you reckon there's likely to be one to Hamilton or Wgtn (I suspect not Napier any more...), with the other ten in Penrose?
Of course, I could just wait till Monday, but then wtf would speculative forums be for?

I guess we'll find out on Monday, but I think it looks like Magic Round will be away again, there is apparently a pretty good payout for teams that use up a home game on Magic Round.

Would have been nice with the crowds Mount Smart has been getting that the team would rather have 12 games in NZ, but I suppose even a sold-out Mount Smart doesn't stand up to the Magic Round money; with Mohawk pouring money into the team with the Harold Matts and Jersey Flegg next year on top of everything else, It's a pill I am willing to swallow imo

Billy called it.
Pretty sure magic round has been a home game for us every year since it started.

Pretty sure magic round has been a home game for us every year since it started.
I guess we'll find out on Monday, but I think it looks like Magic Round will be away again, there is apparently a pretty good payout for teams that use up a home game on Magic Round.

Would have been nice with the crowds Mount Smart has been getting that the team would rather have 12 games in NZ, but I suppose even a sold-out Mount Smart doesn't stand up to the Magic Round money; with Mohawk pouring money into the team with the Harold Matts and Jersey Flegg next year on top of everything else, It's a pill I am willing to swallow imo
Good point: $AUS250,000 must be pretty appealing compo.

I suspect it'll just be trial games in Christchurch, which I'm ok with
We had a trial here in chch against the Storm last year and it wasn't announced the way this has been. Will be an NRL Premiership game.

.. Hopefully we get it early in the season too whilst its a bit warmer, because the current stadium has no shelter whatsoever is just a fuckin cold wind tunnel with winter southerlies or South' westerlies. pretty much the reason I don't go to the rugby often

Look, Wayne Scurrah would have solved the "Fund the Harold Matthews, Jersey Flegg, SG Ball and NSW Cup Teams" issue by creating special jersies for each team, each city they play in, each stadium, weekday etc...

CG's a bit of an amateur, really.

You'd think the Warriors - like every club - would have good stats on crowd numbers in relation to each visiting NRL team as detailed as they would in relation to days and times. Maybe there''s a bit of "Well, such-and-such aren't a huge magnet for fans anyway, so why not move the game to 'Wherever Smaller Stadium'?" thinking going on.

Or "Let's turn a poor return into a better one by playing the Home game in Brisbane."

Back