3. Dally M (Positional Award)
  4. RLPA Players Champion
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Johnson
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/shaun-johnson/summary.html
Secretly I am almost sure he would be honoured to captain but not about to openly say it. On the field he is the general and involved in the decision making to challenge and chatting away in the huddle… probably doesn’t have a close enough relationship with AW.. #2 Captain is Egan
According to TMM SJ and webby are always chatting and making gameplans

Just a thought....

If SJ was to break down this weekend, fingers and toes crossed!

Who is the halfback going forward?

For me it's a no brainer T M Martin, obviously we lose a hell of a lot in the kicking department, does the club need another out and out halfback on the books?

It's a huge risk with Martin and Metcalf on the books as they can't stay on the park.

Any opinions welcome.

Just a thought....

For me it's a no brainer T M Martin, obviously we lose a hell of a lot in the kicking department, does the club need another out and out halfback on the books?

It's a huge risk with Martin and Metcalf on the books as they can't stay on the park.

Any opinions welcome.
Chanel?

Just a thought....

Any opinions welcome.

Chanel would go to 7

I'm more interested in SJs contract situation. His current game, he could play 3 or 4 more seasons if he wanted to.

He's taking pretty much no hits on attack and other than copping an elbow to the head he has been a strong defender for a long time.

Just a thought....

Any opinions welcome.
TMM has played along side JT, reynolds and now SJ so the man knows his role and how to play second fiddle to the playmaker/organizer. Its why he looked so good on the weekend and at the start of last year before injury. sadly i dont think hes good at being the main organizer or half.

Right now if injury happens it will be CHT but i gather Webby wants him purely as a bench utility.

If Metcalf is to remain injury free he's still got a few years before he learns how to play half properly.

we really need an organizing half with a really good kicking game..... anyone knows of any juniors that fit that description

Chanel would go to 7

I'm more interested in SJs contract situation. His current game, he could play 3 or 4 more seasons if he wanted to.

He's taking pretty much no hits on attack and other than copping an elbow to the head he has been a strong defender for a long time.
It’s like he’s playing quarterback.
Would love to hear him mic’d up for a game now- that would be awesome.

TMM has played along side JT, reynolds and now SJ so the man knows his role and how to play second fiddle to the playmaker/organizer. Its why he looked so good on the weekend and at the start of last year before injury. sadly i dont think hes good at being the main organizer or half.

Right now if injury happens it will be CHT but i gather Webby wants him purely as a bench utility.

If Metcalf is to remain injury free he's still got a few years before he learns how to play half properly.

we really need an organizing half with a really good kicking game..... anyone knows of any juniors that fit that description
I am along this same train of thought.

Toby Sexton and Thomas Weaver are off contract, I wonder if it's worth some thought.

Just a thought....

Any opinions welcome.
Stacey

In all seriousness though, probably not worth thinking about. We could survive a little while without Shaun, but otherwise I feel it is like asking how do the Cowboys win a premiership in 2015 if JT goes down? Answer, IMO.....they don't.

In all seriousness though, probably not worth thinking about. We could survive a little while without Shaun, but otherwise I feel it is like asking how do the Cowboys win a premiership in 2015 if JT goes down? Answer, IMO.....they don't.

You only have to look at who got subbed late for Chanel on the weekend.

I was calling for them to get Egan off, but they pulled SJ.

Think about the Melbourne game, we achieved all of that without Egan. I really don't think we would have got anywhere near them if Egan had played and SJ was out.

No not worth thinking about but unfortunately sooner or later it's likely.
Looking at other halves that are injured.
Cleary Luai Reynolds Metcalf Moses Illias Walker etc
Targeted by forwards in defence.
Something going to give 🤔