Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FB_IMG_1700798816230.jpg

Hopefully we can get through 3 years without any disasters. Eg Covid ,cyclones, etc etc.
These guys are not the people we need in charge during any catastrophe.
If the Black Death broke out I'm not sure Lux would do anything much differently to Labour, protecting the citizens is his first responsibility faced with an unknown threat. Just have to trust him and hope for the best, good Christian man that he is.

Speaking of that, any updates on the journo who's about to bust a party leader juju juju ?
I think Teets is talking about Chris Bishop who was an ex lobbyist for Tabacco and was embroiled in a controversy where he was Doing young females on snap chat...

The story mentioned to me was a party leader inappropriately messaging woman on social media. What I was told was it was working through the legal side of the story.

I'm not keen on being a Bruce with the Nanny or come off like a John Key was having an affair type person.

I think Teets is talking about Chris Bishop who was an ex lobbyist for Tabacco and was embroiled in a controversy where he was Doing young females on snap chat...

The story mentioned to me was a party leader inappropriately messaging woman on social media. What I was told was it was working through the legal side of the story.

I'm not keen on being a Bruce with the Nanny or come off like a John Key was having an affair type person.
Yeah I got this is a different case to Creepy Chris. Just thought you might have the inside word on when this journo's scoop is going to break.
Obviously you can't post any details here.
p.s. Never took you for a Nannygater.

Yeah I got this is a different case to Creepy Chris. Just thought you might have the inside word on when this journo's scoop is going to break.
Obviously you can't post any details here.
p.s. Never took you for a Nannygater.
I was reticent to post - because our right wing brethren think this idiot is our saviour... & stories do shut down...

I did break the Todd Lowrie signing on the old forum so my credibility is through the roof.

Unfortunately I can see the Treaty and Maori language issues are going to see the most divisive results we have seen in this country for years.
Covid mandates will be forgotten by lunchtime.
I fear for the future..

Coalition agreements: Mike King’s Gumboot Friday mental health charity to receive $6 million per year in coalition agreement​

NZ Herald
24 Nov, 2023 07:29
image.jpg

Mike King’s youth mental health charity Gumboot Friday will receive $6 million annually as a result of today’s three-party government coalition agreement.

King posted on Facebook today that the funding relieves such a heavy burden and “enables us to maintain our promise to continue providing our fast and effective free counselling”.

“I’ll admit there have been some happy tears today,” he said.

King thanked the government for “pushing bureaucracy and any personal feelings aside” and thinking of children

"Thank you to the team who work beside me, tirelessly behind the scenes, and who believe in the vision of a better future for our children,” he said.

“With all that is going on in the world here is a glimmer of hope for our children and for that I am beyond grateful.

“All the team at @gumbootfriday and @iamhope_nz are grateful and today our hearts are full.”

1700813551255.png

While on the campaign trail, incoming Prime Minister Christopher Luxon promised King $5m on the Rock Breakfast show.

Gumboot Friday, founded by the comedian and mental health advocate, is a free counselling service for any person in New Zealand aged 25 and under.

King said demand for Gumboot Friday services has skyrocketed by more than 500 per cent in just two years.

“From financing 550 monthly sessions in 2021 at $78,000, we now fund over 3400 free sessions at $510,000 monthly,” he said.

SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION

Where to get help:
• Lifeline: Call 0800 543 354 or text 4357 (HELP) (available 24/7)
• Suicide Crisis Helpline: Call 0508 828 865 (0508 TAUTOKO) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906
• Youthline: Call 0800 376 633 or text 234
• What's Up: Call 0800 942 8787 (11am to 11pm) or webchat (11am to 10.30pm)
• Depression helpline: Call 0800 111 757 or text 4202 (available 24/7)
• Helpline: Need to talk? Call or text 1737
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111

Coalition agreements: Mike King’s Gumboot Friday mental health charity to receive $6 million per year in coalition agreement​

NZ Herald
image.jpg

Mike King’s youth mental health charity Gumboot Friday will receive $6 million annually as a result of today’s three-party government coalition agreement.

King posted on Facebook today that the funding relieves such a heavy burden and “enables us to maintain our promise to continue providing our fast and effective free counselling”.

King thanked the government for “pushing bureaucracy and any personal feelings aside” and thinking of children

"Thank you to the team who work beside me, tirelessly behind the scenes, and who believe in the vision of a better future for our children,” he said.

“With all that is going on in the world here is a glimmer of hope for our children and for that I am beyond grateful.

“All the team at @gumbootfriday and @iamhope_nz are grateful and today our hearts are full.”

View attachment 4518

While on the campaign trail, incoming Prime Minister Christopher Luxon promised King $5m on the Rock Breakfast show.

Gumboot Friday, founded by the comedian and mental health advocate, is a free counselling service for any person in New Zealand aged 25 and under.

King said demand for Gumboot Friday services has skyrocketed by more than 500 per cent in just two years.

“From financing 550 monthly sessions in 2021 at $78,000, we now fund over 3400 free sessions at $510,000 monthly,” he said.

SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION

Where to get help:
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111

Good news, as long as their welfare policies don't force schizophrenics and cancer patients into work sanctions triggering a wave of suicides like the last National govt. We live in hope.

NZ Herald
image.jpg

View attachment 4518

SUICIDE AND DEPRESSION

Where to get help:

Has anything changed?

Back