Rate the Match

• D

Votes: 16 12.1%
  • E

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • F

Votes: 86 65.2%

• Total voters
Like webby said it was mostly bad tackling.
that's probably just a flat spot for us with how our draws been plus fatigue plus injuries.
great post
Certainly bad tackling, errors and penalties conceded. But also the options we took with the ball. Lots of short passes one out and no plan B by the look of it. Poor use of the bench. An all round bad game.

5. Are we allergic to contesting bombs? Everyone loves berry I get but fuck me dead you can’t just be a NRL player based on kick chase effort. Fucking go up for the thing once in a while. Actually go for it every time, what’s the worst that can happen.
Possible cynical disruptor penalties, but yeah would be good to see us contest and bat back sometimes, more risk though.

I've been harping on about it, but every team is aiming up against us this year.
If the Dragons played that way, against all teams they'd be top 6 imo. But they won't, the same as most of the other teams I've watched since they've played us, they've all played much much poorer. Even Souths had us at 6 all until the 35th minute.

I remember Webby saying at the beginning of the year that we're going to be hunted and we're looking forward to that. Fast forward to rd 8 and we've had no easy games and a bucket load of injuries. We look tired, sore and flat.

I don't know how we turn it around to be honest. Deffo need Walker and a few other players who can change or swing thar momentum when we're struggling.

I like the idea someone mentioned about starting Ale so that we can have Barnett on the bench for some impact. Add in Walker and CHT (so far we seem to be using CHT for 10-15 at the end) as impact players and I think it's gives us an opportunity to go up another gear
Clever

The reason I stick by these boys after a bad loss is that as you say, they have delivered us a lot of pride and joy. It pays to separate the Warriors of old from the Webster era, and if you can do that, you realise that we owe this coach our allegiance, as the Banner men and women of house Webster we are required to answer the call now that our army has fallen.

Carn Wahs fans, fight the temptation to turn on our heavily injury hit club.
Completely. The opposite of "one swallow doesn't make a Spring" (if there's such a saying about birds and autumn!) applies here.

But if we'getting all "House of Thrones"about the WARRIORS: YOU KNOW NOTHING, SUP42! and shouldn't we be abandoning a computer-based forum and having long walks and talks in gardens like they used to on GOT?

That is, until "South Park" mercilessly took the piss out of it. :) Garden of Andros, here we come!

I've been harping on about it, but every team is aiming up against us this year.
If the Dragons played that way, against all teams they'd be top 6 imo. But they won't, the same as most of the other teams I've watched since they've played us, they've all played much much poorer. Even Souths had us at 6 all until the 35th minute.

I remember Webby saying at the beginning of the year that we're going to be hunted and we're looking forward to that. Fast forward to rd 8 and we've had no easy games and a bucket load of injuries. We look tired, sore and flat.

I don't know how we turn it around to be honest. Deffo need Walker and a few other players who can change or swing thar momentum when we're struggling.

I like the idea someone mentioned about starting Ale so that we can have Barnett on the bench for some impact. Add in Walker and CHT (so far we seem to be using CHT for 10-15 at the end) as impact players and I think it's gives us an opportunity to go up another gear
I don’t know how we turn it around either but I would start with fixing all the drop balls and errors.

I don’t know how we turn it around either but I would start with fixing all the drop balls and errors.

Yeah that's a great start for sure.

Was meaning the flatness and injuries really tho. If we've had 7 really tough rounds, how do you stop that being a factor when you have another short turn around.
And injuries, we can't fix those either. I know every other team gets injuries too but it seems we've had 4 or 5 front liners out every week. That's like 25-30% of our top team, but its actually 9 of our top 30 are out currently. It doesn't matter who you are, having that many out is going to have a significant impact on any game.

All we can really hope is to get through these next 3 games (Titans, Newy and Roosters) with minimal injuries. If we do that we'd have Lussick, CHT and Jazz back hopefully

Dam, so many clever fallahz on the forum, must admit got blind sided, 23 gave me a sense of power and hope ever lasting, so expected the win to just magically materialize against the dragons and shows how biased I was against the dragons, hello reality, knocked me for a six, I couldn't even focus on the forum, couldn't do anything for at least 4 days after the unexpected loss, so glad I was able to read all the comments especially about all the different variables that can impact a game, all the knowledge youse have makes it bearable now, just have to suck it up buttercup and support webby and the boys, sometimes we'll win and sometimes we'll lose, it's all good and so good to be able to vent, see all my frustration and thoughts and feelings on this forum love this butiful game, will never give up supporting the wahz - feeling much better now mauriora wahz peepz

It's all tied into one thing, attitude.

Missed tackles, errors, penalties.

Lack of attention to detail, boils down to not turning up with the right attitude.

You don't have to have many players turn up even a fraction off to lose an NRL game this season.
Webster is definitely worried about the errors and penalties. He hasn't been overly worried about the missed tackles stat since he has been here. A lot of missed tackles slow down the opposition attack for cover or scramble to shut it down. But you are correct around the attitude piece.

110% attitude required each game in order to be competitive.

It's all tied into one thing, attitude.

Missed tackles, errors, penalties.

Lack of attention to detail, boils down to not turning up with the right attitude.

You don't have to have many players turn up even a fraction off to lose an NRL game this season.
Couldn't agree more.
A good mate of mine is an ex International and SOO player and many years ago told me about attitude.
He said if you turn up to an NRL game with less than 110% attitude you are in trouble

Back