• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

General Pick & Predict Webster's team for 2025

Wrighty

Contributor
Hi Whanau

Similar to the Pick your team you prefer for 2025 this is pick the team you predict Webster will pick knowing his personality and coaching style.

I'll go first

1 CNK -
2 DWZ
3 Berry - I think he rates Berry ahead of Ali. Ali to be 1st drop centre
4 Pompey
5 RTS - I think his big change to the backline will be RTS to wing with Montoya as depth - which is not a bad move as we had no wing depth this year.
6 TMM
7 Metcalf - I think Metcalf will be 7 as he has been putting his hand up for it. While TMM doesn't seem to mind.
8 JFH - Yeah Boy
9 Lussick - I think we will see a lot of Lussick at starting hooker
10 Barnett - I think they will stick with him at prop.
11 Niukore - they have invested a lot in him so I see them keeping him in the starting 13
12 Capewell
13 Tohu Hqrris - I think Tohu is cooked but I don't think Webster shares this view and Tohu will start the season at Lock

14 Walker
15 Egan
16 Clark
17 Sifukula

Fringe Players who will get plenty of games
18 Ale
19 CHT
20 TT
21 Halasima
22 Ford
23 Laban
24 Zyon Maiu’u
25 MGT

Players that were in the mix this year not to play in 2025
Bunty
Kosi

NZWarriors.com
Hi Whanau

Similar to the Pick your team you prefer for 2025 this is pick the team you predict Webster will pick knowing his personality and coaching style.

I'll go first

1 CNK -
2 DWZ
4 Pompey
5 RTS - I think his big change to the backline will be RTS to wing with Montoya as depth - which is not a bad move as we had no wing depth this year.
6 TMM
7 Metcalf - I think Metcalf will be 7 as he has been putting his hand up for it. While TMM doesn't seem to mind.
8 JFH - Yeah Boy
11 Niukore - they have invested a lot in him so I see them keeping him in the starting 13
12 Capewell
13 Tohu Hqrris - I think Tohu is cooked but I don't think Webster shares this view and Tohu will start the season at Lock

14 Walker
15 Egan
16 Clark
17 Sifukula

18 Ale
19 CHT
20 TT
21 Halasima
22 Ford
23 Laban
24 Zyon Maiu’u
25 MGT

Bunty
Kosi
I think you are right.
You should print this off and compare it his Vegas team
Sad news on Bunty
We should have got a report from someone who was at Henson Park v Newtown to see how he went

Hi Whanau

I'll go first

1 CNK -
2 DWZ
4 Pompey
6 TMM
8 JFH - Yeah Boy
12 Capewell

14 Walker
15 Egan
16 Clark
17 Sifukula

18 Ale
19 CHT
20 TT
21 Halasima
22 Ford
23 Laban
24 Zyon Maiu’u
25 MGT

Bunty
Kosi
No way Leiataua’s not a starting centre. Charnze at fullback should be finished

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Yeah this Mr Conservative aka Andrew Websters team pick not the fans pick
Unless Rts pulls a mid season change to jap rugby I reckon Wrighty aka the Naenae/ Stokes Valley 702 express in on the money

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
It’s crazy how quickly our hero’s can become villains

I don’t want to see CHT, RTS or Tofu in our squad next season. Liability to our cause. Time to move on. The ship has sailed. The chicken has hatched. The horse has bolted.

Leiataua will give you speed and aerial threat if you do give him a go at wing, can bump off just as good as montoya. Im not saying he should play wing i think he should be the starting centre but if he isnt give him a crack at wing. needs to be in the team
Do you think Webster will pick Ali at centre or one of the more experienced options?

I think Berry gets his spot back to begin the season but it remains to be seen whether they transition RTS to the wing or persist with the centre experiment putting in more work the offseason.

Also can't see Ford not featuring somewhere in the 17.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Hi Whanau

I'll go first

1 CNK -
2 DWZ
4 Pompey
6 TMM
8 JFH - Yeah Boy
12 Capewell

14 Walker
15 Egan
16 Clark
17 Sifukula

18 Ale
19 CHT
20 TT
21 Halasima
22 Ford
23 Laban
24 Zyon Maiu’u
25 MGT

Bunty
Kosi
I can see this lineup being used too. Though will be interesting as rhis season was a complete fail, and he wouldnt want to start the season with a loss.

And it makes sense for Pompey in center if Taine isnt FB due to extra kicking

The rd 1 team was
  1. TT (in for injured CNK)
  2. DWZ
  3. Berry
  4. RTS
  5. Montoya
  6. Metcalf
  7. Johnson
  8. AFB
  9. Egan
  10. Barnett
  11. Ford
  12. Capewell
  13. Harris
  14. Lussick
  15. Afoa (in for injured Niukore)
  16. Ale (in for injured Jazz)
  17. Walker
He could roll out the exact same team with CNK, TMM, JFH and probably Clark in for TT, SJ, AFB and Ale

Hope he does not pick this team, but good chance he does.

Last edited:
The rd 1 team was
  1. TT (in for injured CNK)
  2. DWZ
  3. Berry
  4. RTS
  5. Montoya
  6. Metcalf
  7. Johnson
  8. AFB
  9. Egan
  10. Barnett
  11. Ford
  12. Capewell
  13. Harris
  14. Lussick
  15. Afoa (in for injured Niukore)
  16. Ale (in for injured Jazz)
  17. Walker
He could roll out the exact same team with CNK, TMM, JFH and probably Clark in for TT, SJ, AFB and Afoa

Hope he does not pick this team, but good chance he does.
That’s a bit disturbing although realistic we could roll out the same team as round one showing we havnt learned anything about those players in 12 months

Berry in particular remains an enigma
At the end of 2024 no one is any the wiser about his abilities compared to this time last year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
An absolute lock notwithstanding that Webster will select the team ?
Our season hasn’t got close to reaching expectations. There will be a full review & Webster will reflect on what he got wrong. Anyone with half a brain can see we have struggled at centre & that there will be changes of which I’m confident Ali, with another preseason behind him, will be one of them. Webster has already admitted he has got RTS wrong, god knows what happens with him, however you can’t roll out the same mistake every week and expect things to change.

The biggest question for next year is what to do with RTS. I would put him on the wing and play CNK at left centre & Berry @ right centre. Tauapiki @ fullback. If Metcalf get’s injured again I would move CNK to 6 & then bring Leiataua in & have him as a backup rather than Pompey.

Reactions: CWC
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back