Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This Maori immersion school is anathema to the NZ Initiative (Business Roundtable/Atlas), they'll likely call it racist, cut funding and gut the place, they're already making noises about cutting Ka Ora Ka Ako. School was getting v impressive results though.
This school has gone beyond teaching to an all of child holistic approach. Some people (teachers) say the school is overstepping the boundaries but I’m all for it as it’s getting results.

This transcends culture - filling in the gaps in intergenerational adult knowledge - providing time, food, resources and money the family isn’t providing. It aligns well with Maori culture, but there are low socioeconomic people of all races that this would benefit.

Community led rather than govt led is actually the answer - a teacher is professionally vulnerable when they tell a parent the hard truths. There are a lot of limits and boundaries this blurs. The state can’t have a policy that promotes this as it relies heavily on individual judgement calls which freaks out the policy wonks.

It takes a lot of dedication, mana and respect for it to work well.

This school has gone beyond teaching to an all of child holistic approach. Some people (teachers) say the school is overstepping the boundaries but I’m all for it as it’s getting results.

This transcends culture - filling in the gaps in intergenerational adult knowledge - providing time, food, resources and money the family isn’t providing. It aligns well with Maori culture, but there are low socioeconomic people of all races that this would benefit.

Community led rather than govt led is actually the answer - a teacher is professionally vulnerable when they tell a parent the hard truths. There are a lot of limits and boundaries this blurs. The state can’t have a policy that promotes this as it relies heavily on individual judgement calls.

It takes a lot of dedication, mana and respect for it to work well.
Totally, it's a shame you ACT fullas will shut it all down in the name of... dare I say it...
NEOLIBERALISM *shot

That’s the intensive work required to actually FIX most of societies issues.
As I’ve said this is something we actively did ourselves but the system doesn’t like it and fights you all the way.

We did some good things and changed a lot of lives for the better. But in the end it burns you out the emotional investment you need to make and need others to make with you.

As I’ve said this is something we actively did ourselves but the system doesn’t like it and fights you all the way.

We did some good things and changed a lot of lives for the better. But in the end it burns you out the emotional investment you need to make and need others to make with you.
You were fighting corporate greed and the profit margin the whole time, social dividends are an afterthought. What're you even doing voting ACT anyway, they've got you battling against yourself in a Canadian accent now.

Join us in the Resistance, it's me and MaybeTop8 MaybeTop8 against the forces of Atlas.
#WeAreLegion

Last edited:
You were fighting corporate greed and the profit margin, social dividends are an afterthought. What're you even doing voting ACT, they've got you battling against yourself in a Canadian accent now.
Join us in the Resistance, it's me and MaybeTop8 MaybeTop8 against the forces of Atlas
#WeAreLegion
Always said I’m economically right and socially left.

Maybetop8 has to propose a viable comprehensive alternative to neoliberalism and I’m on board. At the moment it’s - Grass is always greener… better the devil you know… and all that.

And Atlas? I’m still trying to figure out what it’s all about. Yesterday I only just figured out Disney and Australia are big pieces of the puzzle. Still to many blank pieces for me!

Last edited:
Always said I’m economically right and socially left.

Maybetop8 has to propose a viable comprehensive alternative to neoliberalism and I’m on board. At the moment it’s - Grass is always greener… better the devil you know… and all that.

And Atlas? I’m still trying to figure out what it’s all about. Yesterday I only just figured out Disney and Australia are big pieces of the puzzle. Still to many blank pieces for me!
If you don't know Ed Koch and Peter Thiel are the enemies of mankind yet, we're way ahead of you and you need to spend more time outside of your Atlas echo chamber.

As MaybeTop8 would say, I'll back off for now (until you answer this post). I'm getting sick of speaking for him for the purpose of banter, where is he?

Last edited:
Do we have the most tone deaf PM of the last 30+ years?

1709243250125.png

1709243954861.png

1709243114293.png

1709243082304.png

Last edited:
I'm guessing former Labour Ministers Deborah Russell, Jenny Salesa and Jan Tinetti were "tone deaf" too as they also received the accommodation allowance while owning property in Wellington.

Maybe it's decided to only pick on Luxon because he's from National.... forgetting the other eight National MP's who did the same thing last year.

Or, maybe it's the fact that he's PM but not staying full time in Premier House but living at another property he owns.... but then Hipkins only stayed at Premier House when required and otherwise preferred to stay elsewhere.

Or maybe it's because Luxon has spoken out about the state of Premier House.... but let's forget that last year, Grant Robinson described the upstairs living quarters as resembling a 1980s motel.

Or maybe it's because he's considering a report stating what money is needed to be spend on Premier House.... forgetting the fact that Hipkins received the same report last year.

Or maybe, that because he's a rich, successful former businessman, we're jealous and don't think he's entitled to do what other MP's have done and are continuing to do?

I'm guessing former Labour Ministers Deborah Russell, Jenny Salesa and Jan Tinetti were "tone deaf" too as they also received the accommodation allowance while owning property in Wellington.

Maybe it's decided to only pick on Luxon because he's from National.... forgetting the other eight National MP's who did the same thing last year.

Or, maybe it's the fact that he's PM but not staying full time in Premier House but living at another property he owns.... but then Hipkins only stayed at Premier House when required and otherwise preferred to stay elsewhere.

Or maybe it's because Luxon has spoken out about the state of Premier House.... but let's forget that last year, Grant Robinson described the upstairs living quarters as resembling a 1980s motel.

Or maybe it's because he's considering a report stating what money is needed to be spend on Premier House.... forgetting the fact that Hipkins received the same report last year.

Or maybe, that because he's a rich, successful former businessman, we're jealous and don't think he's entitled to do what other MP's have done and are continuing to do?
Where did Hipkins stay while PM? And if not at Premiere house, why didn't he claim the optional allowance?

The apparent hypocrisy gets rage clicks, people love scandalous content.

As mentioned he is not the only MP to claim the allowance and he is entitled to it, however.
1. He is a very wealthy man.
2. He is happy to impose austerity measures on others for the benefit of the Nation.
I think it reveals the true character of the man.
Should there be a means test that only those MP's with a net worth under a certain amount should be allowed to get the allowance?

And yes, fuck those MPs too. I don't think we should be feathering portfolios.

Should there be a means test that only those MP's with a net worth under a certain amount should be allowed to get the allowance?
No, I don't believe so.
I can't imagine premier house is uninhabitable though, so if you don't take the accommodation on offer, you should lose your entitlement. After all, that is what happens to all HNZ tenants. Don't like the house, too bad, next please.
Luxon is going to cut Govt spending in many areas and I agree with most of that, but, he needs to lead by example and do the right thing.

Totally agree..... I don't think any MP could receive money for a rental property they (or a related business) owns and then rents to themselves. I just see it as hypocrisy picking on one MP because he's richer that the others.
It's not because he's rich. He's the PM, and the first in 34+ years to take the optional allowance... so fuck him, he deserves to be pilloried for it.

Back