Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was wondering why you rightist guys and your posts have not been challenged as yet by the lefties here.
Just realized that they are still busy working and don't have time to spend all day trawling the internet for anti Labour propaganda. Apparently it's a productivity thing.
😉 😜
Smarter not harder is the key aim of productivity!

I thought most of the lefties on here are retired anyway???

3rd Shoplifting charged laid relating to the Wellington store complaint from October.

Those are just the instances that have been found with evidence enough to lay a complaint and charges. I would be surprised if there weren't many more undiscovered.

This is a case of the more the merrier.

Clearly to argue a compulsion caused by a disease process you need a pattern.

Pretty big fucken pattern happening, the girl has a sickness. No two ways about it.

She will not be convicted.

Which is the right outcome.

Rather the court will enforce treatment.

Which is the right outcome.

Sometimes you need to court to step in to force people to get help, often times it ends well for the patient.

Was wondering why you rightist guys and your posts have not been challenged as yet by the lefties here.
Just realized that they are still busy working and don't have time to spend all day trawling the internet for anti Labour propaganda. Apparently it's a productivity thing.
😉 😜
Brilliant!!

Yeah Sup but some people like to put the boot in when others are down.
Just another sickness 😷
It’s been pretty mild really.

I mean compared to the left that drove Muller to a break down over a MAGA hat, there has been a lot that could have been said that hasn’t, given the wow factor of the resignation

I mean compared to the left that drove Muller to a break down over a MAGA hat, there has been a lot that could have been said that hasn’t given the opportunity.
Unfortunately Muller wasn't made of strong enough stuff.
Parliament is a snake pit.(remember Bruce).
Only the strong survive.
If Muller fell over by comments from the lefties over a fkn hat he got out lightly and that's great for him 👍
He wasn't strong enough for the job and others like Collins and Brownlee were weak in not taking up the reins

Unfortunately Muller wasn't made of strong enough stuff.
Parliament is a snake pit.(remember Bruce).
Only the strong survive.
If Muller fell over by comments from the lefties over a fkn hat he got out lightly and that's great for him 👍
He wasn't strong enough for the job and others like Collins and Brownlee were weak in not taking up the reins
Golriz… everyone’s to mean - make it stop! Putting the boot in when down…

Mullers - soft… parliaments a snake pit where only the strong survive, he got off lightly

Does anyone else see double standards here? It is this different standard because of their sex? 🤔

😉 😜
Plus the posts are bullshit and yeah, life exists outside :)

Mullers - soft… parliaments a snake pit where only the strong survive, he got off lightly

Does anyone else see double standards here? It is this different standard because of their sex? 🤔
No not at all .I thought Muller was too weak and was lucky to get out when he did. Not a criticism.
We have a post saying that Golriz has probably already done many more shoplifting episodes.
Purely speculation on the posters political bias.
Just gotta get every single shop who has been shoplifted and blame Golriz. For fucks sake.
I don't particularly like her but blaming her for other discretions we have not heard about or been notified is a massive stretch and a disgrace

Last edited:

I mean compared to the left that drove Muller to a break down over a MAGA hat, there has been a lot that could have been said that hasn’t, given the wow factor of the resignation

Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters on Golriz Ghahraman shoplifting charges​

By Raphael Franks
22 Jan, 2024
image.jpg

Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters has offered his thoughts on the shoplifting charges against former Green Party MP Golriz Ghahraman, calling it a “sad event”.

Peters, speaking to The Country, would not be drawn to answering whether he thought it was right for the embattled politician to cite mental health as a factor behind her alleged offending.

Police charged Ghahraman with two counts of shoplifting last Wednesday in relation to alleged incidents in December. She is set to appear in the Auckland District Court next month.

Ghahraman announced her resignation as a member of Parliament last Tuesday, about 17 hours after a third shoplifting allegation surfaced and almost a week after the first accusation was made and she was initially stood down from her portfolios.

Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters speaks about Golriz Ghahraman's shoplifting accusations: 'Frankly, when all is said and done, I hope whatever the problem is, she gets over it'. Photo / Dean Purcell
Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters speaks about Golriz Ghahraman's shoplifting accusations: 'Frankly, when all is said and done, I hope whatever the problem is, she gets over it'.
When she announced her resignation, Ghahraman offered an explanation about why she “act[ed] in ways that are completely out of character”, saying: “It is clear to me that my mental health is being badly affected by the stresses relating to my work.”

Following her comments, different political commentators and politicians have spoken about the stresses involved in politics and whether this should be accepted.

Peters said today: “You know, we can all line up and be judgmental, and it is a crime, if that is what is proven, it still has to go before the court, but in the end, it’s a sad event.

“Certainly, [it is sad] not only for the former MP involved but also for the image of politics in New Zealand. So others might be cheering from the sidelines about this, but I am not. I just think it’s disappointing for our country and for her personally.

Golriz Ghahraman. Photo / Mark Mitchell

“And frankly, when all is said and done, I hope whatever the problem is, she gets over it,” he said, referring to Ghahraman.

‘Do female politicians get a much harder row?’ - Peters answers​

When Peters was questioned about whether women in politics had a harder time, he said: “Well, this is the claim that [some people] make without really realising how the exact same thing has happened to everybody else in politics over the years.

“If you saw some of the correspondence, or the calls, or the significantly nutty statements people make about you, you would give up. But the fact is, the world is full of trolls and you’ve got to get on with the job - not ‘harden up’ - but get on with it and ignore them.”

More likely because of their political affiliation.

3rd Shoplifting charged laid relating to the Wellington store complaint from October.

Those are just the instances that have been found with evidence enough to lay a complaint and charges. I would be surprised if there weren't many more undiscovered.

to be fair, if from the first charges onward you didn’t need to for insurances or whatever, WHY would you press charges against her. like why heap more on someone that’s obviously suffering some kind mental health crisis. what is more charges going to do for anyone?

to be fair, if from the first charges onward you didn’t need to for insurances or whatever, WHY would you press charges against her. like why heap more on someone that’s obviously suffering some kind mental health crisis. what is more charges going to do for anyone?
Well, in my opinion, because crimes have been committed. There are victims of those crimes that may feel that they want a sense of justice. I get that there may be mental illness involved but is that really up to the victims to decide whether they should make a complaint and press charges? How would they know how big of an issue it is or how bad her mental state is? I think it's fair enough and through the process the system can determine what the outcome will be with everything being taken in to consideration.

Well, in my opinion, because crimes have been committed. There are victims of those crimes that may feel that they want a sense of justice. I get that there may be mental illness involved but is that really up to the victims to decide whether they should make a complaint and press charges? How would they know how big of an issue it is or how bad her mental state is? I think it's fair enough and through the process the system can determine what the outcome will be with everything being taken in to consideration.
Let the justice system and police decide.
If she is guilty fair enough. Do the crime do the time. You are saying that she has already committed more crimes than the ones she has been charged with.
And some that haven't even been reported yet.
If that's not politically biased nothing is.

Last edited:
yeah man, i hear you.
i just meant if there’s nothing to gain from the store she stole from, then what’s the point other than a pile on. they’ll have a lot more shoplifters than just her.

people just love to see a celebrity or public figure hung out to dry.

Back