Votes: 12 9.0%
  • B

Votes: 64 47.8%
  • C

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • F------

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Dally M votes: Daly Cherry-Evans 6, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 3, Shaun Johnson 2, Addin Fonua-Blake 1.
Dally M Standings after Round 6
17 points
Kalyn Ponga (Knights)
Viliame Kikau (Bulldogs)

15 points
Daly Cherry-Evans (Sea Eagles)

14 points
Nicho Hynes (Sharks)

13 points
Pat Carrigan (Broncos)
Zac Lomax (Dragons)

12 points
Dylan Edwards (Panthers)
Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (Dolphins)
Scott Drinkwater (Cowboys)
Tom Trbojevic (Sea Eagles)

11 points
James Tedesco (Roosters)

10 points
Isaiya Katoa (Dolphins)
Ryan Papenhuyzen (Storm)
Jamal Fogarty (Raiders)
Shaun Johnson (Warriors)

I'm happy to stand by my comments from last week. The exception may be not agreeing with the send-off. But then should Aloiai have been at least sin binned?

I didn't mention the penalty last week as it was the last play of the game and the game was already lost. The key thing with the media reaction to this week's one is a lot of people are arguing the Aloiai/Johnson one shouldn't have been a penalty.

The accusation Johnson played for it, the commentators need to be careful accusing players. Getting impact to your bone still hurts and he has had lower leg injuries so the initial reaction could have been one of shock after feeling pain. Look he may have played for it but they then forget how much Australians go on about gamesmanship in different sports. They aren't too consistent with their points of view on different incidents (when gamesmanship is ok or shouldn't be part of "our game").

I never thought Lussick should be rubbed out for a long time like people were suggesting 6-10 weeks. It was unfortunate. People were making out it was late like the incidents you see when the kicker has completed the kick and gets pushed over. It was at the same time as the kick. Quite similar
Without rehashing the ins and outs of the Lussick tackle the post was more aimed at the "the kicker is to blame for shattering his own legs" posts that were doing the rounds......im quite pleasantly surprised at the 4 weeks tbh.

Gotta say tho (cause ive seen similar "precedent was set with Freddy" comments)......the precedent has always been there, it just very rarely happens anymore because 1. theres not much value in charging the kick down now unless your absolutely desperate to get the ball back i.e behind on the scoreboard, not much time left and needing possession and 2. its been trained into players for the most part when their putting pressure on the kicker if they can reach him before he gets the kick away is to wrap up the body......hence why u mostly see if there is contact after the ball has been kicked its a wrapping motion of the body......i said last week, if your going for the ball u better get your timing right or leave yourself a bail out option. But no, the precedents been set since Steve Price days.

You have to give it to Manly, they were tactically very good, and brilliant in the first half helped by too many errors from us. I thought they went into their shells a bit in the second half.

One of the advantages you have as a good team is that the other team can feel the pressure with the lead. It worked in our favour in this one.

Defensively we have gone up a level this season which is impressive considering how good we were last year.

Attack is clunky but Martin and RTS have only played one game together. Walker was huge for us last year and hopefully his return will provide a spark we are lacking.

Anyone see the Crowd Goes Wild? Spent about 3s covering the Warriors v Manly game. Not sure they even mentioned the word Warriors.

Meanwhile the Hurricanes and Women's super Rugby received multi minute segments.

Seems like someone is paying to push the Warriors down in the media (NZ Rugby of course). Unless someone else has a reasonable explanation for why there was zero coverage of what seems like great media content in the Warriors v Manly game?

As a fully fledged SJ fanboi even i thought the tries like he scored against Manly were a thing of the past these days.....And its not like he stepped a bum at the end there either.....it was Tommy Turbo left standing like a statue,

Takes me back to my still favourite SJ in his heyday try against the Storm - in the one movement steps one of the best defenders of all time (Cameron Smith) like he's wearing concrete boots, fends off a covering tackler, then swerves round Cam Munster leaving him lying on the ground......oh if only Webster had come earlier to fast track young SJs game play.....(or if Ivan had stayed)

Good to see Kayln and Viliame rewarded for powering their sides to a respectful 14th and 15th on the ladder lol.
I lol'd but to be fair, in the worst of games and the worst of teams some players play their guts out and are class. Its not their fault the team or game doesn't reflect their class, effort or talent.
Pretty much how when a team is doing well, the one-percenters don't get the kudos, its always the players that benefit and do the showy stuff, the finishing.
Its all relative. But like all of us looking on we miss the value of different players sometimes.

Anyone see the Crowd Goes Wild? Spent about 3s covering the Warriors v Manly game. Not sure they even mentioned the word Warriors.

Meanwhile the Hurricanes and Women's super Rugby received multi minute segments.

Seems like someone is paying to push the Warriors down in the media (NZ Rugby of course). Unless someone else has a reasonable explanation for why there was zero coverage of what seems like great media content in the Warriors v Manly game?

I would love to know where to look at the TV ratings for rugby, women’s rugby and the Wahs

Matt Johns sees broncos and us as a threat to the panthers title hopes

He also stated that the New Zealand Warriors - coming off an away victory against the Rabbitohs and draw against the Manly Sea Eagles - are a possibility to win the competition.

“The Warriors can win the comp in my opinion,” Johns added.

“I'll tell you what's strange about them, every single game this year with the Warriors has been a carbon copy, the only difference (is a) couple of times they've hung on and got the win.

“Each game they've been rampant in the first 30 minutes, just blowing the opposition away, however, at the end of that 30 minutes, as far as dominance it could be 18, 20 nil, but they're only six nil up.

“Then you see the opposition come back into the game and it ends up being a tight finish, every single game has been the same.

“There's a little problem in the mid part of their match of the Warriors.”

————-

Hmm I feel we start mid other than the Sharks game and wobbles in the middle, and after the break we came back strong, Storm, Raiders, Souths and Manly

Keep that right edge tight in the first half, less drop off, then be confident and secure for the final 5 minutes to work on over the next month…

Back