NRL NRL Rules

Here's my NRL Rule Alteration for the week:
Golden Point in Regular Season matches only happens when:
A: Scores are Tied after 80 Minutes.
B: The Score Margin Between The 2 Teams, At Any Point of The Match, Has Never Been Higher Than 12.

Honestly, why should 2 teams who aren't good enough to either stop their opponent getting a 13+ pt lead or stop their opponent from coming back from a 13 pt+ deficit get the 2 points?

So under this Fantastic Rule, the Warriors/Sea Eagles match wouldn't have had Golden Point, the Raiders/Titans match would have.

This Fantastic Rule will obviously not apply for the Final Round of Regular Season (to cover the rare event of a Draw meaning 2 Teams contesting Top 8/Top 4 end up with the Same Competition Points and Same Points Differential) and Finals Matches where, obviously, One Team needs to Win.

I'd get rid of Golden Point altogether until Final Round Regular Season/Finals, frankly, if it was my call but I guess I'm an old fuddy who's in a tiny minority.

I like the idea of golden penalty where teams keep playing until someone commits the first infringement, like throwing an opposition players shoe into the crowd.

Golden Point is a farcical, manufactured piece of shit.
The NRL should poll all top 30 players and see what they think.
Guessing at the stats here.
70% won by drop goal.
10% by a try
20% still a draw.
3% by penalty goal
So mostly, first drop goal wins.

I like the idea of golden penalty where teams keep playing until someone commits the first infringement, like throwing an opposition players shoe into the crowd.
OMFG, if they had that at grass roots league no referee would call a penalty.
You would have to maim someone and with intent.
I would never have a draw.
I don’t want to be lynched

OMFG, if they had that at grass roots league no referee would call a penalty.
You would have to maim someone and with intent.
I would never have a draw.
I don’t want to be lynched
Too true. They might have to make it golden bunker decision.

Back