• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL Round Discussion NRL Round 27, 2024 Discussion

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Agree. Hate it. Most of the time you don’t know what it’s for. With the game on the line, id much rather the penalty and 2 points than a 6 again on the first tackle thanks ref!

This and ensuring equal penalty counts are ridiculous.

I get the ideal intent behind this stuff, but it very rarely works out in the real world. Realistically, how likely is it that teams will perform the exact same amount of offenses in a game? Very low.

But that's okay, right? What they actually mean by this stuff is to show they are keeping an equal eye on both teams, hey?

So what are they saying? they don't have enough officiators? They don't have enough knowledge of the rules? They refuse to call all offenses committed in the game? They're too nervous to?

The officiating is going to shit and I'm not sure I can blame the refs for this. Feels like management priotizing passing the buck to the workers and not wanting to make decisions themselves.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I do like that the last game of the regular season determines the final spot in the 8, where whoever wins gets it but if it's a draw Raiders snatches it 😅

Has been a tight contest so far, Knights obviously have the home crowd advantage, but lots of gamebreakers in Dolphins too, hopefully they can pull it out for their maiden finals appearance.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back