• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL Round Discussion NRL Round 22, 2024 Discussion

NZWarriors.com
Is there any other sport in the world where you can fix a penalty offence with another penalty offence and play on?
Player runs behind his own player causing an obstruction but stops and does a voluntary tackle and voile, problem fixed, play on.
It's retarded, how did we end up down this path.

Is there any other sport in the world where you can fix a penalty offence with another penalty offence and play on?
Player runs behind his own player causing an obstruction but stops and does a voluntary tackle and voile, problem fixed, play on, 2 wrongs make it right.
It's retarded, how did we end up down this path.
Voluntary tackles are legal now.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Voluntary tackles are legal now.

The NRL snuck the rule change by, I'll see if I can dig out the video.

Voila.

Ah good to know Pete.
So it's an interpretation not a rule change?
That example isn't what I was talking about though it prob applies.

So Player B goes "Oh, shit, if I let Player L tackle me we'll get done for obstruction/whatever, I'll just lie down and cry Uncle"...
It looks a bit weird, but I can't say I'm against it...

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Ah good to know Pete.
So it's an interpretation not a rule change?
That example isn't what I was talking about though it prob applies.
There is still a voluntary tackle rule, it just has interpretations now in given situations.
I'm going cross-eyed here Dex.

I think that's been the interpretation for at least a decade at this point, it's just officially become a part of the rules this year to avoid confusion.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back