NRL NRL Round 15, 2024 Discussion

I remember one year when Kevvie was QLD Morons coach, he was almost crying on NRL360 when talking about players he'd left out/dropped.
Not the right attitude for a coach at any level for moine. You make the decision, you bring the player in, say "you're not in the team", explain why, explain what they can do about why they're not in the team. And done. I've always felt Webby could do that. Not so sure about Kevvie.

To be fair it was specifically the leaving out of Billy Slater.

Queenslanders get a bit funny when talking about their own sometimes, let alone absolute legends and an Immortal in waiting. Probably part of the reason why they are trying to win a 15th of previous 19 series.

What I meant was the interpretation of a real coach.

Could be that Walter’s has a different coaching style to Cobbos idea of how a coach would coach.

A coach is someone that teaches, mentors, advise, instructs and decides for a team

Which of these qualities do you think Cobbo is inferring to as a bad coach?

Well I'm not Cobbo, so I dont know.

I just think it's ballsy to publically shame your coach and surely there would have been repocussions for him doing so.

It’s not ballsy but shows a lack of respect and immaturity on Cobbos part, which can be a reflection of the culture behind the scenes. Although they beat us and got to the GF before choking at the end so what do I know 😂

It’s not ballsy but shows a lack of respect and immaturity on Cobbos part, which can be a reflection of the culture behind the scenes.

Well it would be ballsy if he knew there were concequences. I refer to the AFB "stand down".

Yeah, maybe that's the issue with their club. They pander to their big names, which means they're at the mercy of the players.

In that respect, I'd say there's a coaching failure happening. But, ya know, closed doors.

In regards to last year, let's not go there 😭

We are in a hole and not sure we are capable of getting out of it before it is too late.
Missing Reynolds and Walsh - I wouldn't put it past the the Broncos to explode and go on a late run...

Top 4 might be a stretch.

All the Kev can't coach is a bit tough, the competition is extremely tough & even - & clubs need luck with injuries.

And I dislike the Broncos.

I also wonder if there is a little disharmony in the ranks with Walsh's multi million dollar deal set to push some other players out.

that post game with Kevvie was interesting. The whole team running around willy nilly, directionless, no structure, everyone trying to be Walsh and he's saying just need to tidy up a few small areas. has he lost the plot?

Back