NRL NRL Round 14, 2024 Discussion

IIRC you had to have both feet planted in the field of play to be back in play.

Eels lost that ... mess of a game really, so many mistakes, a lot of niggle

Gutho being a glory hunter with the cut out ball... he was put in space and just had to go through the hands
Safe to say I'm a believer after this afternoon.

So much went against the Bulldogs, yet still got the job done. THey should finish comfortably inside the Top 8 now.

Safe to say I'm a believer after this afternoon.

So much went against the Bulldogs, yet still got the job done. THey should finish comfortably inside the Top 8 now.
Really? They beat an Eels side with a load of defense issues who are placed 14th for a reason. After their bye they face the Roosters followed by the Sharks. They may scrap into the 8th but comfortably?

Really? They beat an Eels side with a load of defense issues who are placed 14th for a reason. After their bye they face the Roosters followed by the Sharks. They may scrap into the 8th but comfortably?
Big call this far out, but I'm willing to stick with it. That's a big win in the context of the season, big crowd, a lot going against them, the Eels coming off a big win, playing some great attacking football and they defended their arses off. The contrast between Round 1 and now is night and day and they should only get better from here.

I don't think they'll make much noise come the finals, but they're trending in the right direction.

Doggies have the second best defence in the competition behind Penrith. They deserve to be where they are and if injuries aren’t too unkind I agree they’ll make the eight. I had my doubts about Crichton as a captain but he’s been an inspired choice.

Back