NRL NRL Naughty chair

Australia loves coke. Like loves LOVES coke. It’s everywhere , especially if you’re young and cashed up.

I’ve got mates who’ll get a bag even if they go for a few beers or have a bag on them just in case.
Yeah I was quite shocked how blatantly out there the old ‘nose beers’ are when I first started footy in Aus it’s pretty mainstream. Always found it funny how many guys would go to the toilet and come back with a cold ;)

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account

Ex-NRL player Arana Taumata arrested after alleged foot chase​

Steve Zemek
e3e0aa5cce24e458f2e3c5115eb241cb

Ex-NRL player Arana Taumata is in jail on remand after he was arrested outside a popular Sydney eastern suburbs pub on Saturday night.
Troubled one-time rugby league prodigy Arana Taumata is behind bars on remand after being arrested during an alleged foot chase with police outside a Sydney eastern suburbs pub on Saturday night.
Mr Taumata, 35, was arrested outside the Coogee Pavilion about 10.30pm on Saturday after he was approached by officers due to a number of outstanding warrants.

Police have alleged Mr Taumata ran from officers but was arrested after a short chase.

Police said a 29-year-old officer suffered a laceration to his head during Mr Taumata’s arrest and was taken to hospital in a stable condition.

Taumata was charged with four counts of outstanding domestic violence warrant as well as hindering/resisting a police officer in the execution of their duty.

He was denied bail and appeared before Parramatta Court on Sunday where he was once again refused bail.

He will remain in jail on remand and is due to appear in Gosford Local Court on Tuesday and Waverley Local Court on Wednesday.

A warrant was issued for his arrest in June after Mr Taumata failed to appear at Gosford Local Court and was convicted of seven offences in his absence.

He had pleaded not guilty to fraud, dealing with the proceeds of crime, common assault and intimidation.

When he failed to appear in court, he was convicted in his absence and a warrant was issued for his arrest.

Following his arrest on Saturday, he will now re-appear in court on those charges later this week.

During a troubled playing career, he played a combined 14 NRL games for Canterbury, North Queensland and Penrith from 2008 to 2012.

He was sacked by the Broncos, Roosters, Bulldogs, Melbourne and in 2013 he was let go by the Panthers due to off-field issues.

Former NRL player earlier this year came to the aid of a woman in Brisbane after she was knocked to the ground. Picture: Supplied.

Former NRL player earlier this year came to the aid of a woman in Brisbane after she was knocked to the ground. Picture: Supplied.
At one point the New Zealand-born playmaker was considered the NRL’s next big thing, having signed with the Broncos as a 15-year-old.

However he wasted a litany of opportunities and churned through clubs due to off-field issues.

Mr Taumata has in recent years attempted to reinvent himself as a running influencer on social media.

In June, he made headlines after coming to the aid of a woman who had been allegedly attacked by another person on a running track at Mt Coot-tha in Brisbane.

In a social media post Mr Taumata said he was going for a run when he found a woman lying on the ground “in a daze”.

Read related topics:Sydney

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
I was listening to the radio this morning and the sports journalists were talking about other sports. But one of them said about one player fulfilling his potential "If he keeps his nose clean the worlds his oyster"

The term keep your nose clean is supposed to be an expression. Maybe they should tell the NRL players. If a few take it literally we may get less issues.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
This article saying Mam could face up to 14 years in jail. Is that really true or just the usual bullshit? Also a few articles speculating that the Broncos may dump Mam and get Hunt.

Usual exagerrated BS.

That would be the max worst case scenario just based on the little information we have.

Should see jail time if all accusations are proven, but it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't see a day inside.

Usual exagerrated BS.

That would be the max worst case scenario just based on the little information we have.

Should see jail time if all accusations are proven, but it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't see a day inside.

I remember it was reported Mam had a $4mil x 5 year contract, now there are whispers the Broncos could put 'Million dollar mans' million a year towards Ben Hunt 🤣

Classic

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
This has to be one of the biggest falls from grace in recent memory- the bloke was 2 minutes away from a Clive Churchill and being named in the Australian squad but it’s been all downhill ever since.
Hard to imagine Brisbane not tearing up his contract.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Broncos fans doing an admiral job of trying to justify not sacking him.

Would be interesting to see some of their opinions when Haas mother killed people after a head on collision while under the influence.

I guess if you're really good at football and everyone survives it's not that big a deal?
TBF if 2023 SJ did the same thing as Mamm and the only backup was Ben Farr, then there'd be a whole lot of us making excuses for SJ.

TBF if 2023 SJ did the same thing as Mamm and the only backup was Ben Farr, then there'd be a whole lot of us making excuses for SJ.
I actually highly doubt that, Warriors fans have a much better moral compass than Broncos fans. They still laugh in your face when you bring up Walsh's NFL pass that cost us the GF shot, it's like they've got no conscience.

Back