NRL NRL Naughty chair

What a dickhead.

Sorry but the "oh he's young" and "but everyone does it" that gets rolled out when this shit happens doesnt fly with me.....great comfort to the family he just about killed......time for these dipshits to pull their head in.
Think that footage of him crossing over the centre line will have him pretty much knackered. Then the young girl wrapped in a blanket on the side of road, the optics are terrible. He’s truly lucky he didn’t kill anyone, he could still potentially be looking at jail time? Probably will avoid it because of his celebrity but I would think at a minimum that his contract is torn up

NZWarriors.com
I get the arguments about what is 'normal' in society as far as booze and drugs etc but these guys just need to behave until they are 30 or so and then they can do whatever they want. Instead the put their playing contracts and possible endorsement deals at risk. There is a lot for them to potentially lose for a relatively easy thing to turn down.

I get the arguments about what is 'normal' in society as far as booze and drugs etc but these guys just need to behave until they are 30 or so and then they can do whatever they want. Instead the put their playing contracts and possible endorsement deals at risk. There is a lot for them to potentially lose for a relatively easy thing to turn down.
The brain doesn’t fully develop until 25 and then throw testosterone on top.

Some of them have to much fame, money and responsibility to handle.

Glad our club has a mature, responsible senior leadership group that can mostly keep the young guns on the right path. It seems this is what the Broncos need more of.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
The brain doesn’t fully develop until 25 and then throw testosterone on top.

Some of them have to much fame, money and responsibility to handle.

Glad our club has a mature, responsible senior leadership group that can mostly keep the young guns on the right path. It seems this is what the Broncos need more of.
Not an excuse in any shape or form but the temptations abound for NRL players particularly in Australia.
Mainly because of hangers-on around the club/team.

Just need to be decent people in general, they’re still members of society but they just play a professional sport. There’s so much money involved from the clubs that surely they put the right people around them to inspire to be better people? Many clubs have since adopted the SK no dickheads policy, though when it suits. Some of ours in recent times like AFB or Dylan Walker came with baggage, but have proved to have become better people. Think our most recent failure was probably Matt Lodge, though many factors. The owner played his part, and the recruitment manager at the time potentially. He’s left clubs since too which proves he’s still a gamble to take on

Do NRL players get drug tested via the clubs/NRL/WADA?

Based on what we are seeing seems higher chance of actually getting tests done via random police checks or by crashing your car.

Supposedly was a sponsors car too. Brilliant idea to not check if the player receiving the car was licensed.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Do NRL players get drug tested via the clubs/NRL/WADA?

Based on what we are seeing seems higher chance of actually getting tests done via random police checks or by crashing your car.

Supposedly was a sponsors car too. Brilliant idea to not check if the player receiving the car was licensed.
Do they reduce the checking over the off-season?

This time of year seems to be when all the drama starts.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Australia loves coke. Like loves LOVES coke. It’s everywhere , especially if you’re young and cashed up.

I’ve got mates who’ll get a bag even if they go for a few beers or have a bag on them just in case.
I have been back in NZ now for 20+ years and I have gone into many restaurants bathrooms on the Gold Coast and seen someone doing a line on the bench.
People don't realize how prevalent it is

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
They can do whatever they want when they are 30?

Pardon

They can do whatever they want when they are 30?

Pardon
What I mean is there are greater repercussions for playing up while they have a large contract and potential sponsorships and endorsement deals. Behave yourself until your playing career is over and then you are just joe bloggs again or at worst, ex league player.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I have been back in NZ now for 20+ years and I have gone into many restaurants bathrooms on the Gold Coast and seen someone doing a line on the bench.
People don't realize how prevalent it is
It is absolutely rife in the NRL and you can bet the clubs cover it up, everything is set up not to catch them, to get caught you need to be very unlucky or a complete idiot and in some cases both.

What I mean is there are greater repercussions for playing up while they have a large contract and potential sponsorships and endorsement deals. Behave yourself until your playing career is over and then you are just joe bloggs again or at worst, ex league player.
Yes I agree but unfortunately these guys don't think like that and never will.

The fact is the majority of them will do drugs every weekend and never get caught, it's only when they do something stupid like drive they get caught.

If the NRL wanted to catch players doing drugs it would not be hard but then they wouldn't have a comp.

The fact is the majority of them will do drugs every weekend and never get caught, it's only when they do something stupid like drive they get caught.

If the NRL wanted to catch players doing drugs it would not be hard but then they wouldn't have a comp.
It's not even the drugs bit that was the stupid thing. Driving under the influence while unlicensed and in a sponsors car.....

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

Exactly mate. These guys are young people with lots of time and money.
Go out for a couple of beers and if they have a crack in their character things happen. Not intentionally but nevertheless disastrous.
Also plenty of urgers hanging around with offers of women, drugs ,gambling options money schemes etc. Waiting for the opportunity

Last edited:
Back