NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

That’s awesome for him- I doubted he would make it back to the nrl with the injuries he had- but he’s been great- unbelievable comeback.
Still seems like a lot of money though? Think id rather faalogo at half the price tbh.
I think it is a terrible decision by the Storm they will live to regret. Since he has returned he has lost not one but two steps of pace. He was in the clear twice this year and got mowed down by chasing defenders.
He is now a play making full back and a hole runner rather than the devastating player he used to be.
On the other hand can the Storm get anyone better than him for their fullback probably not unless they chase Drinkwater and promise him a championship.

NZWarriors.com
Not a player signing but the Telegraph reporting Adam Blair will be the new 'Head of Elite Pathways' at the Knights. Been working in a pathways role at the Warriors for the past few years and "has an increasing reputation within the game for his ability to harness and develop young footballing talent."

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...ws-story/938080fc083eed8919d1378bd04b4443?amp
Great news. Benedict Arnold for clapping the Storm on to the field in their players tunnel when they played a key game against the Warriors this year.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Hope not. He raised some eyebrows when he said in the last couple of days that JFH won’t be winning anymore titles, perhaps 2027 he said. Probably not untrue, was just an odd statement by someone involved with the club. Not sure if that statement was the result of a fallout?

I've never been a fan of Blair, I'm not going to be upset if he leaves. I guess he knows POS when he was at the Warriors, and is a Isaac Moses guy like O'Brien/POS, so a connection there. Anyone know why he only coached SG Ball 1 season then moved on?

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
I think it is a terrible decision by the Storm they will live to regret. Since he has returned he has lost not one but two steps of pace. He was in the clear twice this year and got mowed down by chasing defenders.
He is now a play making full back and a hole runner rather than the devastating player he used to be.
On the other hand can the Storm get anyone better than him for their fullback probably not unless they chase Drinkwater and promise him a championship.
I totally credit Ryan Papenhuyzen for the work he's put in to come back from his injuries, but I take your point: Have they taken things out of him that make him worse than $1M/Season?
How much of a haircut, given his injury history, are the Storm entitled to give him and how much of a haircut would Ryan take?
And that's before the two parties talk about positional changes the Storm might want...

Hope not. He raised some eyebrows when he said in the last couple of days that JFH won’t be winning anymore titles, perhaps 2027 he said. Probably not untrue, was just an odd statement by someone involved with the club. Not sure if that statement was the result of a fallout?
When I saw him and Goran yabbering away it never occured to me Blairy had a relationship with the club.
Doh!
Yeah, in that light, he's saying Webby/Stace/etc aren't good enough - and maybe JFH isn't good enough either - to wrangle a title for the Warriors while JFH's here....
An employee of a company saying the equivalent of "My company's going to lose a lotta money next year and for a few years!" or similar is very, very indicative of a relationship burning down... Might be true, but you keep that stuff to yourself, unless you're legally required to tell the truth ie you're a public company and it would give the sharemarket wrong signals if you lied/said nothing, which, of course, the Warriors aren't and anyway it would be up to the Board/Mohawk to give the "The future's so black, we can't afford to wear shades!" speech...

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
When I saw him and Goran yabbering away it never occured to me Blairy had a relationship with the club.
Doh!
Yeah, in that light, he's saying Webby/Stace/etc aren't good enough - and maybe JFH isn't good enough either - to wrangle a title for the Warriors while JFH's here....
An employee of a company saying the equivalent of "My company's going to lose a lotta money next year and for a few years!" or similar is very, very indicative of a relationship burning down... Might be true, but you keep that stuff to yourself, unless you're legally required to tell the truth ie you're a public company and it would give the sharemarket wrong signals if you lied/said nothing, which, of course, the Warriors aren't and anyway it would be up to the Board/Mohawk to give the "The future's so black, we can't afford to wear shades!" speech...
Sounds pretty bad if the relationship's breaking down publicly like this, it's weirdly similar to this episode of Housewives of Orange County the wife's watching.
You lost me at the end with the shades speech, is that some kinda bob dylan metaphor that means something else?

Sounds pretty bad if the relationship's breaking down publicly like this, it's weirdly similar to this episode of Housewives of Orange County the wife's watching.
You lost me at the end with the shades speech, is that some kinda bob dylan metaphor that means something else?
Sorry, just re-using the song "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades" by Timbuk 3, song from '86 for you young folk.... :)