• During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

Volkman to the Dragons
Has Volks signed there?
Great to hear about Shaun's mentoring and sharing his knowledge with the juniors, that's a good endorsement from Ronald.
Happy Shaun Johnson week mate.

NZWarriors.com
Woops read it to fast lol he has settled with the Dragons. Be interesting if he lands here as we need at least one more half.
As I read it, it is all about him getting a settlement via RLPA.
Not a signing with the Dragons.
So where is he at this point.
Signed or free
I thought the Drags had rejected their deal

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Felt a bit at the time of the whole Volkman situation that something seemed odd how it was only for a season he was to go to the dragons. Almost felt like Warriors just wanted him off their books for the season with his whole next season shot because of surgery needed. The way he speaks glowingly of the club and SJ in that article, it makes me wonder if he was always going to return once his injury healed?

Felt a bit at the time of the whole Volkman situation that something seemed odd how it was only for a season he was to go to the dragons. Almost felt like Warriors just wanted him off their books for the season with his whole next season shot because of surgery needed. The way he speaks glowingly of the club and SJ in that article, it makes me wonder if he was always going to return once his injury healed?
Would be better than CHT
Also didn't we pay for his surgery, so I see it as he is still a Warrior

Would be better than CHT
Also didn't we pay for his surgery, so I see it as he is still a Warrior
I still have visions of Volks and Mason Lino playing together
That would really outfox opposition teams
I ve used this story before

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Steady on Vladimir, bit of a stretch when the RLPA was involved if the whole thing was a setup by the Warriors. I don't think even Robbo could pull that scam on the Dragons.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Gutherson at the Dragons should sort their defence at the back. I can't believe they release Lomax for Holmes.. Unless Lomax is toxic in camp, which could be possible looking at some of his interviews, he'd be a guy you'd either love or hate. But if they add a decent prop, can get some X factor out of Leilua.. They will be looking pretty decent. I think Hunt is showing signs of declining, so that will be their next headache.

Gutherson at the Dragons should sort their defence at the back. I can't believe they release Lomax for Holmes.. Unless Lomax is toxic in camp, which could be possible looking at some of his interviews, he'd be a guy you'd either love or hate. But if they add a decent prop, can get some X factor out of Leilua.. They will be looking pretty decent. I think Hunt is showing signs of declining, so that will be their next headache.
Apparently Lomax wants to do some boxing and dragons wouldn’t allow him to have some bouts he’s expected to have. Eels granted him a clause to pursue it. Another clause in an eels contract

[IMG alt="Grandpa Joe - Prev Lord"]https://marathonstadium.com/data/avatars/m/0/980.jpg?1676436815[/IMG]

Grandpa Joe - Prev Lord

Danny 'Bedsy' Buderus​

From a mate who's normally got decent mail, Ponga unhappy with the direction club is taking and wants to win a Premiership, Roosters likely destination

Off the knights forum but have seen this before. I posted yesterday on the recruitment thread about about politis spotted meeting with Walsh’s manager, but apparently he represents a lot of Queensland players. Looking at Cobbo’s body language all year, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s him in talks with rooster? They’ve got a heap of money to spend so will be will likely be speculated to be interested in heaps of players

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement

View: https://x.com/TripleM_NRL/status/1828642282888728657

mullenmagic

Tony Butterfield​

Knights talk starts at 22:04 but there’s not much substance beyond what’s in that quote.

Predicts a lot of movement in the next few months but nothing specific
Blokes who have been tapped on the shoulder just the tip of the iceberg
Read says he doesn’t think Knights would be overly upset if DSaf chooses to stay
Leo apparently on just over $300k next year, one of them predicts he could sign for $550-$600k and says getting that done is one of the reasons they're trying to move others on

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back