• If you have difficulty connecting to certain section of the site i.e. Home/Forums, then please refresh your browser cache.

Select your browser from the options on this link and it will walk you through the steps.

If you still have difficulty, send a message.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

NRL NRL General Recruitment Thread

NZWarriors.com
Can we afford him? Would he want to move here?
I mean, If Tohu & SJ call it a day & If the club doesn't re-sign Jazz. We possibly could. We have the youngsters to cover the loss of Tohu & Jazz. Metcalf/TMM/CHT cover the loss of SJ. And who knows if Rts sticks around. Would love to slowly fill the spots we are lacking with Juniors. And put $ into another alpha like Utoikamanu. Someone more knowledgeable about how the cap works might enlighten us if Utoikamanu could fit in.

I mean, If Tohu & SJ call it a day & If the club doesn't re-sign Jazz. We possibly could. We have the youngsters to cover the loss of Tohu & Jazz. Metcalf/TMM/CHT cover the loss of SJ. And who knows if Rts sticks around. Would love to slowly fill the spots we are lacking with Juniors. And put $ into another alpha like Utoikamanu. Someone more knowledgeable about how the cap works might enlighten us if Utoikamanu could fit in.
He’ll stay in Sydney where his family is I reckon. Willison is the one we should go all in for

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
My preference too. Is he off contract next year? If so, yes please! Utoikamanu still has a ton of whanau in NZ. And is able to talk to other clubs. Hence why I asked. But yeah, I see us as no chance anyway
Interesting having a look over the dragons forum, they reckon they’ve landed a game changing prop. Someone has apparently come in and offered Utoikamanu a million a season? Could see the dragons doing that? He’d have his choice of Sydney clubs so it’ll be interesting where he lands

Interesting having a look over the dragons forum, they reckon they’ve landed a game changing prop. Someone has apparently come in and offered Utoikamanu a million a season? Could see the dragons doing that? He’d have his choice of Sydney clubs so it’ll be interesting where he lands
Mmmm, Ok. Not that they need anymore large forwards? Lol. I'm guessing he'll land in Penrith. Perfect replacentb for JFH. Just read that Willison is off contract end of next year. Hope we go hard for him.

Mmmm, Ok. Not that they need anymore large forwards? Lol. I'm guessing he'll land in Penrith. Perfect replacentb for JFH. Just read that Willison is off contract end of next year. Hope we go hard for him.
Roosters with big money to spend too. Rabbits will probably interest him with Bennett heading there? Panthers is a good shout. Don’t reckon it’ll be dragons, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Royce Hunt their forum is speculating about?

Roosters with big money to spend too. Rabbits will probably interest him with Bennett heading there? Panthers is a good shout. Don’t reckon it’ll be dragons, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Royce Hunt their forum is speculating about?
Royce is going great. I'd love him at our club too. And Royce suits the type of forward the drags already have. You could be on to something.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Royce is going great. I'd love him at our club too. And Royce suits the type of forward the drags already have. You could be on to something.
Reckon there could be a heap going on behind the scenes? Still reckon there could be something in that Dylan Brown stuff too. Cameron George was never going to admit it or the club and or Brown’s manager could get grief over approaching a contracted player

If Tohu and SJ retire that’s $1.4M might even be enough to get Brown and Willison, if not let Jazz go that’s another $400K

Start JFH/Ford/Barney/Marata/Walker + bench Willison/Ale/Sifakula/Capewell (utility) + depth Afoa/Laban/Zyon Maiu’u/Halaisima

If SJ retires need to sign another half definitely
Is there any halves available that are any better than what we have ? We know TMM can run a team when he has no restrictions placed on him(Let SJ do it all). CHT is more than capable @6. Definitely defensively. Metcalf is a running 6. But we need more than TMM & Egan to allow him to focus on just running. A FB that can play like a half would be nice(Tuaupiki has it in him) a backrower who can chime in and help the halves like Tohu use to, Or a Feleti Mateo type.

Dylan Brown would be ideal. But i can't see it happening. Anyone else? A kiwi who is homesick? Lol

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Seeing whispers of NAS to Tigers, Stefano to Storm.

Find it hard to believe he will test market value and end up staying.

Roosters and Penrith are other possible destinations
Would be in the tigers best interest to deal with the storm like this in order to secure something back. They worked together for the Olam/Blore trade and they might be able to come to a solution regarding NAS’s $900k salary and how much the storm might contribute

MULTIPLE CLUBS FIGHT FOR CHOOK

Manly have emerged as a strong contender for Roosters back-rower Sitili Tupouniua who has been given permission to talk with rival clubs despite three years left on his deal.

It is understood the Sea Eagles have met with the 27-year-old who is expected to leave the Roosters at the end of the season.

Canterbury and the Dolphins are the other clubs in the mix. Despite reports this week that Tupouniua had already agreed to join the Bulldogs it is understood that a deal is far from done.

The Bulldogs however are still well in the hunt to land Tupouniua although the Sea Eagles’ are also circling.

Tupouniua has been told by the Roosters that he is free to leave the club with the Roosters close to re-signing NSW back-rower Angus Crichton for the next two seasons.

A bidding war has erupted for the services of Roosters gun Sitili Tupouniua. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images

A bidding war has erupted for the services of Roosters gun Sitili Tupouniua. Picture: Cameron Spencer/Getty Images
The Roosters’ log-jam of forwards means Tupouniua has been reluctantly squeezed out of the club. Manly have some cash available given their decision to cut ties with Josh Schuster who was taking up $800,000 of their salary cap.

While Ben Trbojevic has done a strong job in the matches he has started this season the potential of having Tupouniua and Haumole Olakau’atu on either edges looms as a mouth watering prospect for the Sea Eagles.

Manly have lost Jamie Humphreys (South Sydney) and Karl Lawton (Cowboys) for next season but largely have their roster intact.

Would be in the tigers best interest to deal with the storm like this in order to secure something back. They worked together for the Olam/Blore trade and they might be able to come to a solution regarding NAS’s $900k salary and how much the storm might contribute

The Storm would be absolutely pissing themselves with laughter.

It's like those deals those shitty car dealerships give you $2000 towards your new purchase when you bring in your old beat up car.

Storm absolutely reaming the Tigers if they get rid of an older Nas and Olam for Blore and Stefano.
Chuck in the Katoa deal that were still paying off (I think) and it's easy to see why they're so successful

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back