International New Zealand Kiwis

Interesting note that 3 of the 4 halves in the Dolphins/Raiders game are eligible for the Kiwis.

Kaeo Weekes, Isaiah Kaotya, Ethan Strange. Doubt however, any of them will ever play for the Kiwis
Didn't realize weekes either! Katoa is heading for Tonga no?

I hope for the international game katoa stays with Tonga. Unless of course he wants to play for NZ?

Tonga Is producing some great footy players! Long may it continue and Samoa not far behind.
Enjoy it while it lasts. As I've said before I think the competitiveness in the international game will be short lived because Tonga, Samoa etc ain't actually producing many of their players. NZ born, Australian developed Katoa is a perfect example. His grandkids are unlikely to be eligible for Tonga, maybe even his own kids depending on where his parents were born

Enjoy it while it lasts. As I've said before I think the competitiveness in the international game will be short lived because Tonga, Samoa etc ain't actually producing many of their players. NZ born, Australian developed Katoa is a perfect example. His grandkids are unlikely to be eligible for Tonga, maybe even his own kids depending on where his parents were born
Simple rule change will take care of that.
A broad eligibility criteria specifically for Island heritage players for the sake of the international game.

Something like a rule called a cultural identity rule could and should replace arbitrary rules like country of birth or grand parent rules.

At the end of the day, what really matters is what country a player wants to play for, that is where their heart lies, and so that is what is important.

Last edited:
Didn't realize weekes either! Katoa is heading for Tonga no?

I hope for the international game katoa stays with Tonga. Unless of course he wants to play for NZ?
Pretty sure i read somewhere he has All Black aspirations.

Helluva talent tho. Love the way he squares up a defence. Wouldnt be surprised if Wayne tries to take him to Souths

At the end of the day, what really matters is what country a player wants to play for, that is where their heart lies, and so that is what is important.
That may sound authentic or sentimental or grand, but it's just BS!

Next they'll be choosing to play for pronouns of origin..

Interesting note that 3 of the 4 halves in the Dolphins/Raiders game are eligible for the Kiwis.

Kaeo Weekes, Isaiah Kaotya, Ethan Strange. Doubt however, any of them will ever play for the Kiwis
Just discovered Keano Kini (fast becoming one of my favourites to watch is Kiwi as well) Northcote Tigers junior. Titans signed him 2020 after watching him play Touch in Auckland.......was he ever on the Warriors radar i wonder?.......bit on the small side but speed to burn!

Last edited:
Just discovered Keano Kini (fast becoming one of my favourites to watch is Kiwi as well) Northcote Tigers junior. Titans signed him 2020 after watching him play Touch in Auckland.......was he ever on the Warriors radar i wonder?.......bit on the small side but speed to burn!
Not sure if the Warriors rejected him but he was deemed as to small by a host of NRL clubs. Was recruited by Ezra Howe from the Titans at 15 during a league tag tournament in Auckland. Moved to the Gold Coast and attended Palm Beach Currumbin State High School.

Back