Pick Your Team 2023 Warriors vs Knights - Week 2 Finals (Pick Your Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same team, except SJ in, bench with Walker, Curran, Siro

Either Barnett on bench Bunty starting, or Jazz for that last bench spot

Yikes, boys the big loss is SJ, if SJ plays its game over
yep SJ in, Lussick out same team.

We had Penrith on the ropes at the start of the game, I was so proud of our aggression and kick chase.

I tried to warn people we would be clunky, I was wrong, TMM was amazing out of position as was Walker at putting together a lot of sharp movements with really crisp passing, crazy they were able to do it after maybe one and at most two training sessions together.

I did try tell people we would have errors because without SJ your timing goes out.

And I said we would have defensive problems because Johnson is the best defender in the backline.

Get SJ in there and we look like a stellar outfit.

Our ball movement was way better than the Sharks Roosters game.

Think it may be late in the piece to replace Montoya, but if is happening I would want Tuaupiki on the wing, thing he has been an unsung hero and is great under the high ball and give us extra pace
Really like this and actually think it would make the team better overall.

As you say though, probably to late in the season to make big moves though.

Disappointed in and for Montoya. Has been consistently one of our better players for several years and was in good form earlier in the season.

Just seemed to have lost his intensity and concentration the back end of the season.

I remember saying a while ago that Montoya is a placeholder player. He's the kind of ok enough player to play in a rebuilding side but you eventually want one of your juniors to come in and overtake him. He's the yardstick to aim for and bypass.
Kosi's time shouldn't be too far away.

Same with Leiataua and Pompey.

Think it may be late in the piece to replace Montoya, but if is happening I would want Tuaupiki on the wing, thing he has been an unsung hero and is great under the high ball and give us extra pace
yeah, I think that's not a bad call, though we're really at that tension point now where the whole year has been about instilling system, shape and structure and have the player in the position to play to that ... that really did not work yesterday, almost entirely because we didn't have SJ organising smarts and his accuracy to hit it out there... so the big call is plan b - do we have one? can we go wildcat when that's called for -- penrith calls it turning the screw ... we haven't earned the right to do that yet, which was a debilitating humility on behalf of the coaching staff... the first things first next man up approach for this plan is great, when we're just not delivering that tho...

so... do you intend something different to start off with ? i.e. like trying Taine on the wing, bringing Ali in, have Zyon Maiu’u on the bench? Where all of these options are about an alternative plan and not primarily about personnel ... that's what depth should mean

My opinion is that we need to have our forwards taking control up front like Haas and Carrigan for the Broncos.
That's the basis for any footy team.
Fiddling with selection and messing with combos at this time of the season is fraught with danger however inviting it might be

yep SJ in, Lussick out same team.

We had Penrith on the ropes at the start of the game, I was so proud of our aggression and kick chase.

I tried to warn people we would be clunky, I was wrong, TMM was amazing out of position as was Walker at putting together a lot of sharp movements with really crisp passing, crazy they were able to do it after maybe one and at most two training sessions together.

I did try tell people we would have errors because without SJ your timing goes out.

And I said we would have defensive problems because Johnson is the best defender in the backline.

Get SJ in there and we look like a stellar outfit.

Our ball movement was way better than the Sharks Roosters game.
I m glad you picked that up.
How low was our possession per centage?

We had so little ball we had virtually very little time on attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back