General Music @ Mt Smart

Reaction score

Buck777

I'm convinced that the guy putting the music over the PA at Mt Smart is a Boy George lookalike. Small break in the 2nd half and he pumps out 'Roxanne'. What has a song about a prostitute putting on a dress have to do with two forward packs about to pack a scrum, or have I missed something. Of the millions of tracks at his disposal he makes some bizarre choices. In fact I can't remember when the last AC/DC track was played, which used to be the Mt Smart anthem.
The Aussies were mocking us a few weeks ago when 'hit me with your rhythm stick' got airtime!

Reaction score
Spence

Spence

Sgt. Pepper
Reaction score
Roxanne is a pretty classic drinking song too though, so I don't think it's the weirdest choice...

To be honest, I'm not really a fan of music during the games at all. Maybe during halftime, just for some atmosphere, but I don't really see what playing 10 seconds of poorly timed music is doing - apart from annoying people trying to watch the game.

Reaction score

Buck777

I agree. There was only 1 warriors chant tonight. Maybe the crowd can't get going with the chants because the music keeps plugging the gaps. Far as choice of music, I'm guessing, just a hunch, that the average leaguee isn't into Sting, but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Warriors 5th Grader
Reaction score
Wasnt roxanne used for the cheer girls rather than as a general song outa the PA system ?

Reaction score

Buck777

It got played half way through the 2nd half in a stop in play. Songs OK, just odd selection and timing.

Reaction score
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
I'm convinced that the guy putting the music over the PA at Mt Smart is a Boy George lookalike. Small break in the 2nd half and he pumps out 'Roxanne'. What has a song about a prostitute putting on a dress have to do with two forward packs about to pack a scrum, or have I missed something. Of the millions of tracks at his disposal he makes some bizarre choices. In fact I can't remember when the last AC/DC track was played, which used to be the Mt Smart anthem.
The Aussies were mocking us a few weeks ago when 'hit me with your rhythm stick' got airtime!
Perhaps it was directed at our hooker with the red mouth???

Reaction score
playdaball

playdaball

Heritage Member
Reaction score
I enjoyed that song at the game last night!!!

Reaction score
Gee

Gee

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
The bloody music blasting over the PA pisses me off. Your trying to give the touchie and the ref a gob full for make another bullshit decision and they decide to play some dodgy music. I don't believe it builds atmosphere, if anything it detracts from it as has been said you can't get chants going etc.

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
The bloody music blasting over the PA pisses me off. Your trying to give the touchie and the ref a gob full for make another bullshit decision and they decide to play some dodgy music. I don't believe it builds atmosphere, if anything it detracts from it as has been said you can't get chants going etc.
BigG, you give the refs a blast. I wouldn't believe it ;)

Reaction score
Miket12

Miket12

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Reaction score

Buck777

I enjoyed that song at the game last night!!!
lol. I like the song too, even got dragged down by my wife to the sting concert! It's just an odd song selection for a league game IMHO. I would've thought 8 points up 20 to go the anxiety reasonably high, 'living on a prayer' bon jovi more appropriate....

Reaction score
Numbnutsnz

Numbnutsnz

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think we should just play kiwi tunes if we have to have music. Not a big fan of it at sports game except during the drinks breaks of a one dayer.

Reaction score
RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I totally agree. I fucking hate the music during the game. My pet hate. I want to hear the crowd and savour the emotional temperature of the crowd.

Reaction score
MarkW

MarkW

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I can take or leave the music, but I think it's used far too frequently.

The best use of a music soundbite that I recall was when Gary Freeman got sent off and they blasted 'Hit The Road, Jack' as he walked off the park.
I also remember when the team was announced before the game each played (in the late 90s?) an accompanying song Mark Ellis' was 'Living Next Door To Alice' lol.

Reaction score
Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
It's not what we're playing, it's how we're playing it. Why bother to bang in 15 seconds of a song? It's not as if anyone's getting bored while the teams et a scrum is it? Now in Union, you'd have time to play an entire album...

Reaction score
Sirpartyman

Sirpartyman

Waterboy
Reaction score
They could have played the Roxanne/Dre mix.. That's a great rendition with a beautiful beat.
I don't mind the music,it's all about the entertainment factor. Mind you it wasn't that loud in the corporate box on Saturday;)

Reaction score
Hazman

Hazman

U20's Player
Reaction score
I don't get the music at Mt Smart Stadium. I always hear it whenever I'm watching the Warriors on Fox Sports. I remember watching the Warriors dominate against the Eels and I end up hearing "It's Raining Men" in the background. It's annoying in a way. I'm not a fan of it.

Reaction score
krs_64

krs_64

Waterboy
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority here and don't mind the music at the ground, actually rather enjoy at times, as It adds the the atmosphere. I just wish the team would go back to the ACDC when coming out like old times, so sick of the BS "This is our house"

Top Bottom