Sports Motorsport

Anyone interested in Bathurst this weekend or has the supercars lost a bit since the Holdens were swapped over for Camaro?

NZWarriors.com
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Anyone interested in Bathurst this weekend or has the supercars lost a bit since the Holdens were swapped over for Camaro?

Hang on, is Bathurst not a Ford vs Holden battle for supremacy any more?

Haven't watched in years but that was part of the appeal hah - I remember in 2002 the week after the demoralizing Warriors Grand Final loss, I was a strident Ford supporter (cos my dad and Grandy both had Fords) and put a bet on with my flatmate where our hair was on the line (clippers all over) 😅

Suffice to say Holden won that year 😬 my first #2 shave all over was quite a sensation I must say, did wear my hat a lot more in the ensuing weeks 😅

Hang on, is Bathurst not a Ford vs Holden battle for supremacy any more?

Haven't watched in years but that was part of the appeal hah - I remember in 2002 the week after the demoralizing Warriors Grand Final loss, I was a strident Ford supporter (cos my dad and Grandy both had Fords) and put a bet on with my flatmate where our hair was on the line (clippers all over) 😅

Suffice to say Holden won that year 😬 my first #2 shave all over was quite a sensation I must say, did wear my hat a lot more in the ensuing weeks 😅
Ford vs the General

Moved from Falcons v Commodores to Mustangs v Camaros

Feels a bit sanitised now with the racing and a bit of a lack of personalities with the drivers

Oh wow, just Googled it... I really am out of the loop, didn't even realise Holden shut up shop in 2020! Or I simply forgot with all the craziness in the news that year! 🤯

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Oh wow, just Googled it... I really am out of the loop, didn't even realise Holden shut up shop in 2020! Or I simply forgot with all the craziness in the news that year! 🤯
Great race for the purists.No major crashes.
Cars have become so bullet proof so few breakdowns.
Driver concentration so amazing only for the young guys now.
Still has the Holden v Ford feel for me(GM Camaro v Ford Mustangs)
Not something I could sit & watch from end to end but still good viewing.

Back