Social 🎥 Movies

There's a new one on Netflix that I watched yesterday - It's what's inside - it was pretty good, a bit of a thriller where they all change bodies. Kinda hard to explain without ruining but it was pretty fun

It's not the Freaky Friday with the Vince Vaughn the assassin trapped inside a girl's body? 🤣

NZWarriors.com
I watched this yesterday too with my mate and his daughter (after we were at a group lunch for his birthday).
I enjoyed it and found it quite heartwarming, though not quite a tearjerker - maybe I've just got a black heart 😅

Storyline felt kind of similar to Wall-E for a bit with the whole fish-out-of-water robot learning an unfamiliar environment scenario with not-too-unsubtle moral messages of how humans affect the not-too-distant future, but I enjoyed the "family and friends good" aspects too.

Also liked the animation style, felt a bit more 'arty' than what I assume modern animation has been (being childless I don't watch many kids movies these days!).

Still umming and ahhing over whether I should watch Joker 2, I was initially looking forward to it (and didn't mind the fact that it was going to have some kind of musical elements), but after getting inadvertently spoiled on some things I've just gone full bore into spoiler reviews and feel like it is just not worth it 😂

I like what Dreamworks did with Puss the boot The Last Wish too, the story was meaningful and animation were unique, with sexy leads reprising their roles lol. Bad Guys is getting a sequel that was quite unique too. Dogman is coming up in the holidays and that visual is straight out of the comic books lol, my child happened to read the whole series so she was telling me all about it after watching the trailer, she's reading "Catkid" right now haha.

We owe Sony for making the Spiderverse which totally changed animation movies and I enjoy different artistic takes rather than the blend 3D presentations you can watch on Nickelodeon

As a DC fan I LOVED the 1st Joker, as soon as the cello/music sound kicked in I got chills (wow this is next level) and was so happy Hildur won Best Score at the Oscars. I've never experienced again a film where by the climatic interview, I knew the character very well and could see how terrible the host/guests were doing at navigating their discussion with him, I was like, don't say this, say that, oh stop it you're gonna get it, lol.

I was a bit meh after the trailers for some reason this time, maybe the world became more crazy than the actual movie after its release in 2019, but after seeing a 30% score on rotten tomatoes from BOTH critics & audience, ALL of my go to youtubers saying don't waste your money on this, capped off with a cinemascore of D!! After listening to the spoilers I'm so disappointed how the director wasted everyone's goodwill, time & the talents' hard work on the production, apparently it's boring and the character arc went from mid to horrible and bloody degenerate and violent, with the pacing destroyed by musicals that don't affect the story lol. It got a 81% 2nd weekend drop at the box office and fell to 4th place, any drop over 70% is catastrophic lol

I wanted to have just 1 sequel where Joaquin goes up against Batman, played by someone like Daniel Day Lewis or a prestige actor who never does CBM films, and have 2 mentally ill characters bashing each other intellectually & psychologically, that'd totally make a billion if done in the spirit of the first one (not a musical with a singing Batman), and I'd do a spin off with Harvey Dent - crime + politics + action to cap the franchise off. But Todd decided to burn the whole thing to the ground lol. They didn't even test screen this. Sigh.

Oh well we have Moana 2 coming up, people had chuckles watching The Rock's character returning at the theater lol

Back