• Site may be down for a couple of mins. This notice will show up whilst work is ongoing.
  • During peak periods, this site will only be accessible to registered members of the site. Login or create an account to participate in the discussion.

Social 🎥 Movies

I've heard it's a bit memberberries (i.e. egregious references to prior films like specific camera shots or iconic lines etc) and goes off the rails at the end but a fun experience.

Might check it out still as I like big dumb action/horror on the big screen no matter how good or bad the movie might be 😅

And the only Alien movie I've seen at the cinema is Resurrection which was particularly dumb 😅

NZWarriors.com

James Earl Jones dies at 93: Actor was known for voicing Darth Vader, The Lion King’s Mufasa​

NZ Herald
10 Sep, 2024 09:35 AM3 mins to read

Save
James Earl Jones has died at the age of 93, his representative has confirmed. Photo / Getty Images

James Earl Jones has died at the age of 93, his representative has confirmed. Photo / Getty Images
Actor James Earl Jones, best known as the voice of Darth Vader in the Star Wars franchise, has died at the age of 93.
The film, TV and voice actor died at his home in Dutchess County, New York, his representative told Variety.
Jones’ career spanned 60 years, from his first stint on Broadway in 1958 to Coming to America in 2021 — just one of several roles he revisited during his life, including Darth Vader and the voice of The Lion King’s Mufasa in the original 1994 film and the 2019 remake.
James Earl Jones voiced Mufasa in the original The Lion King and the 2019 remake. Photo / Disney
James Earl Jones voiced Mufasa in the original The Lion King and the 2019 remake. Photo / Disney
He also played CIA deputy director Vice Admiral James Greer in the Jack Ryan films The Hunt for the Red October, Patriot Games, and Clear and Present Danger.

Jones made his feature film debut in Stanley Kubrick’s Dr Strangelove in 1964, and other notable films included Field of Dreams, The Sandlot, The Man and Cry, the Beloved Country.

The actor was nominated for four Tony Awards, winning two — the first in 1969 for The Great White Hope, a role he reprised in 1970, landing an Oscar nomination — and the second in 1987 for Fences. He was nominated for eight Emmy awards, winning two in 1991 — the first time an actor was awarded two Emmys in one year.
Jones was awarded a Kennedy Centre Honour in 2002, a Screen Actors Guild Life Achievement in 2009, an honorary Oscar in 2011, and a lifetime achievement Tony in 2017. He is one of only a few actors to receive an EGOT — an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony award — having been awarded a Grammy in 1977 for a spoken word album.

Elsewhere, he was the voice of several documentaries as well as the US news channel CNN’s tagline, and had more than 70 TV credits to his name, guest starring on The Simpsons, Frasier, House and others.

View: https://twitter.com/MarkHamill/status/1833246565168803985

The prolific actor was paid US$7000 to voice Darth Vader in Star Wars: A New Hope, but asked not to be credited on screen for the film as well as The Empire Strikes Back, out of respect for David Prowse, who played Vader. However, he was credited on Return of the Jedi and voiced the iconic villain again in Revenge of the Sith and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.
James Earl Jones and his wife, Cecilia Hart, pictured in 2016. Photo / Getty Images
James Earl Jones and his wife, Cecilia Hart, pictured in 2016. Photo / Getty Images
Jones’ first marriage was to actress and singer Julienne Marie. His second wife, Cecilia Hart, to whom he was married for 34 years, died in 2016. Earl is survived by his son, Flynn Earl Jones.

Greatest deep voice in film and TV 🙏

Also, it's not mentioned in the article above, but I gotta give him props for freaking me out as a kid with his portrayal of the big baddie Doom from Conan The Barbarian.
Even though I knew he was the voice of Darth Vader (me and my brother absolutely loved the Star Wars movies), he gave that character a particular menace that really creeped me out when I first saw it on TV.

Rip to james earl jones,
Iconic voice in original star wars and Lion king.
I'm looking forward to catching up on a couple of the newer flicks Alien romulous, beetlejuice, and the transformers one with my son later on all seem like they have ok reviews on rotten tomatoes.

Last edited:
NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Loved him in Coming to America and The Sandlot.

Vader iconic, don't really care for anything outside the OG Star Wars trilogy, but I did perk up a bit when he showed up in Rogue One.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
If you would like to remove these advertisements, please do so by registering a free account
Greatest deep voice in film and TV 🙏

Also, it's not mentioned in the article above, but I gotta give him props for freaking me out as a kid with his portrayal of the big baddie Doom from Conan The Barbarian.
Even though I knew he was the voice of Darth Vader (me and my brother absolutely loved the Star Wars movies), he gave that character a particular menace that really creeped me out when I first saw it on TV.
Forgot he was in Conan the Barbarian. Was great in that. Still such an epic movie with a rousing soundtrack.

NZWarriors.com
Advertisement
Back