Gameday Penrith vs Warriors - Finals Week 1 (Game Day)

vs

-

IN PROGRESS

Game Clock

01 Jan 1970

Match Stats

Tries
Conversions
/ Field Goals /
/ 2P Field Goals /
Try Assists
% Possession %
/ Set Completion /
Time in Opposition Half
Metres Gained
Dropouts
Dummy Half Runs
/ Kicks/Kick Metres /
40/20
20/40
Offloads
1 on 1 Steals
Line Breaks
Line Break Assists
Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Who will win?

• Warriors 13+

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • Warriors 12-

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Warriors JANFIN Special by 6

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Penrith 12-

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • Penrith 13+

Votes: 35 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow small bench. If we get stuck in our own 20 no way in hell that small bench will get us out of trouble and no long range kicker in the team either.I would have had Bunty starting for the first 20min. It worked so well in the first half of the year. Oh well I'm not the coach so I will shut up.

Yea like I’m happy where here but fuck am I worried or what. I’ve got massive concerns we’re simply not gonna click with key players playing out of of position against the best team in the comp. For me worst case is dominating their pack and getting into great scoring positions but not being able to convert knowing SJ would have put us over.
Don’t worry brother

We get a free pass today

Just enjoy the ride

I expect TMM's sole focus to be on kicking for position, Tohu and Walker to try and create havoc in the middle. They will want to win through the middle. Can't imagine much finesse on the edges unfortunately.

SJ on Fox saying he hurt his calf last week at training so this week they have been training and preparing like he wasn't going to play which is a small positive I guess.
Why not name volkman in 21 then? What if TMM or Walker had some injury or illness? Also why on earth confirm that SJ wouldn't play 1 day before necessary.

A lift in intensity is needed and if we don't lift we will look like Storm did last night. Their ball retention was abysmal and that is also key.
We've practiced intensity & effort over the season in our defence & mostly taken our chances in attack from that.
Lifting for finals is a whole other ball game to the regular season, let's hope the foundational stuff we've done is accompanied by intense desire to be in the game for the whole 80.
If we hold them out for the first 20, and make the most of the chances we work for, we're in it. Then If we hold them out in the last 20 we can win it.
Win or lose, the whole team will have learnt what's needed in a final series & second game whenever it is.
The Storm looked terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back