Rep Honours
  1. Junior Kiwi
Status
Active
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moala_Graham-Taufa
Rugby League Project
https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/moala-graham-taufa/summary.html
We're in real danger of having a centre poached in the off-season. The coaching team is going to need to be really smart about identifying who really meets our needs for the coming years from the options available.

Crazy considering centre has been the Warriors Achilles heel for so much of its existence.

We're in real danger of having a centre poached in the off-season. The coaching team is going to need to be really smart about identifying who really meets our needs for the coming years from the options available.

Crazy considering centre has been the Warriors Achilles heel for so much of its existence.
Pompey
Berry
Leiataua
Taufa

Wings
RTS
DWZ
Montoya

Drop Kosi, then Montoya leaves after next season and Kali slots in?

Pompey
Berry
Leiataua
Taufa

Wings
RTS
DWZ
Montoya

Drop Kosi, then Montoya leaves after next season and Kali slots in?

You have to be able to provide equitable contracts for them though. I could see a team making a play for Leiataua that we couldn't compete with whilst we have expensive wingers in DWZ and RTS.

RTS just doesn't fit for me. Love him, and we got him on a reduced contract. But $500k is still not financially prudent for where he fits right now. Even if he does play well on the wing, would you prefer him for Montoya given he's probably be double the price? I think Montoya is fine for what I'd imagine the club's output is.

RTS is the enigma that Webby has to solve. I wonder if the Japanese offer is still open?

Great debut!

Did anyone else struggle identifying players? Lots of new faces from reserve grade, lots of late number and position changes. Different black jersey.

Struggled to pick him who was doing what sometimes 🤣
I had a tab multi and had to open up the NRL site to check the jersey numbers to make sure I was cheering on the right players (for anytime try scorers) when they were in attack zone 😂. Still happy when we were scoring either way but it's a bit more exciting when you need 1 more try scorer to get a $300 payout lol

Great debut!

Did anyone else struggle identifying players? Lots of new faces from reserve grade, lots of late number and position changes. Different black jersey.

Struggled to pick him who was doing what sometimes 🤣

The young boys are all giants in Kosi, Laban, and MGT. They all have similar boring normal old fashioned hair cuts, at a distance they look a bit alike yeah.

Moala looked even bigger in the black Uniform that he does in cup.

He has a funny frame, he carries a bit of weight for an outside back, but it works for him because he has natural speed for a big unit just quick enough to make him a genuine center and or at the pinch a short range power winger.

If Kosi survives his current existential crisis, then between those three, you could imagine one or two or all three ending up decent Prop forwards, they are just big boned kids man.

Laban and Moala both have good hands, which is what is letting Ed down, and they read the defence better than Ed.

Gone are the days it would seem when being big and fast on its own is enough, now you have to have a little talent as well as a defensive read to be considered a genuine prospect for the Warriors NRL side.

I am hoping that if anyone gets a instant rise to the rank of first officer it is Moala, I think he shows enough talent and physical presence, enough football brains to clean knock Berry off that incumbent spot.

The young boys are all giants in Kosi, Laban, and MGT. They all have similar boring normal old fashioned hair cuts, at a distance they look a bit alike yeah.

Moala looked even bigger in the black Uniform that he does in cup.

He has a funny frame, he carries a bit of weight for an outside back, but it works for him because he has natural speed for a big unit just quick enough to make him a genuine center and or at the pinch a short range power winger.

If Kosi survives his current existential crisis, then between those three, you could imagine one or two or all three ending up decent Prop forwards, they are just big boned kids man.

Laban and Moala both have good hands, which is what is letting Ed down, and they read the defence better than Ed.

Gone are the days it would seem when being big and fast on its own is enough, now you have to have a little talent as well as a defensive read to be considered a genuine prospect for the Warriors NRL side.

I am hoping that if anyone gets a instant rise to the rank of first officer it is Moala, I think he shows enough talent and physical presence, enough football brains to clean knock Berry off that incumbent spot.
As someone who’s watched a lot of cup, how do you compare Ali and Moala?

Who do you see as more potential longer term?

Back