TeamList [2023, Finals Week 1] - Penrith Vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

Panthers to win 36-12 their just way to good and being finals now at home with a packed out crowd, I fear for us in this game could potentially make or break us for week 2 of finals hopefully not but anyway would be a great season none the less. ready for next year and hopefully a handful of great seasons ahead
Don't forget we still have one more life win or lose. If we do lose this game I'm confident week 2 finals at home we will win against whoever.

I hope Jazz is up for this and doesn't overplay the niggly shit.

I was hoping for Bunty starting and Barnett on the bench instead of Jazz but that's my only real thoughts on the side named. It's about as strong of a team as we can name and if we can absorb the early pressure, get at least a fair share of possession and hopefully finish over the top of them late.

Jazz has not been niggly at all this year.

I think he gets it.

Also the reason Jazz makes the team over Bunty is that finals are like test matches, you pick your most experienced guys where possible for the mental edge they have over the others (Bunty has more games but Jazz has played big minutes in games).

I am not worried about Jazz being fit, how many times have we seen underdone players get called up by the Kiwis who have a blinder over the years because the big games carry them through.

The rest is on Websters team, they need to keep a close eye on Jazz and pull him at the right time.

If they can play other guys for ten minutes this season they can play Jazz.

Last edited:
Have to trust Webby about Jazz from watching him in training. He has more insight than us.

I worry about a dip once AFB/ Barnett come off and even though Bunty hasn’t made a huge impact, he has size and power to control the ruck.

If Bunty isn’t up to standard when the squad is fully fit, then it really exposes that we’re lacking a prop.

Even if it's the Raiders or Knights ? It will still be hard especially against Knights who have a 10 game win streak & have knocked out some big names along the way, Ponga is showing Slater why he is better than Walsh
It's 50/50 against both of them imo, Knights have improved out of sight and there was nothing in it the last Raiders game. Rather play the green at home though, just need Barney to get into Rapana's head while Charnze sweeps the legs.

I don’t know how this Saturday is going to go.

Going to be anxious stuff.
Hoping for a more enjoyable experience than our last finals game when Shaun's injury killed us. Was that the game where rookie Luai carved us up? I've tried to erase all memory of it

Last edited:
I don’t know how this Saturday is going to go.

Going to be anxious stuff.
Nah.

What have we got to lose bro? massive underdogs, playing the best in the comp, everyone already expecting us to get a hiding.

No nerves, this is our time to see something we rarely get to see.

It is time to celebrate, congratulate all our brave players for making the finals.

All I hope for is that we get a fair go, and in the NRL that is a lot to ask for, and I hope our boys give em hell.

The result is out of my hands and like I say, most think we are not much chance, so if we scare the Panthers I recon we shouldn't miss the opportunity to lap that shit up.

Have to trust Webby about Jazz from watching him in training. He has more insight than us.

I worry about a dip once AFB/ Barnett come off

I’d be surprised if AFB doesn’t play at least 70 minutes, so I’m not too worried about a dip with us missing both of them, but absolutely need Jazz to step up.

Jazz seemed more interested in getting into it with John Bateman his last game, if he comes onto the field this weekend with the same mindset it will spell trouble. pretty much the entire Panthers forward pack are Batemans

I’d be surprised if AFB doesn’t play at least 70 minutes, so I’m not too worried about a dip with us missing both of them, but absolutely need Jazz to step up.

Jazz seemed more interested in getting into it with John Bateman his last game, if he comes onto the field this weekend with the same mindset it will spell trouble. pretty much the entire Panthers forward pack are Batemans
Be interesting with AFB and how many minutes he plays. Going to be a step up or two in intensity and we need him to play as many minutes as he is capable of.

As for Jazz, that's what I meant with the niggly shit. First part of the season I was pleasantly surprised by his attitude but his game back I thought he was looking for trouble

Back